High fuel consumption + remap

Hedges

Reaction score
Hi guys

was hoping someone could help, recently brought myself a A4 b7 2.7 tdi, love the car but shocked with the fuel consumption, ill be lucky too get 250 miles too a tank :wtf:
Ive considered getting a remap, been reading up that it can make a hugh difference to the 2.7, but unsure if too do this if i have a problem with the fueling or is this right for the 2.7?

Any advice would be great

Cheers
Hedges:icon_thumright:

Doesn't sound good, I've got a 3.0 tdi cab and I get 400 miles a tank without even thinking about how I drive.
Liam

Yeah that doesn't sound right... I have a 3.0tdi cab and get 380miles per tank on a weekend road-trip, 450+ for commuting, get it checked out!

Thanks for the reply guys!
Ill get a diagnostic done asap, any ideas what could be causing the problem?

Thanks
Hedges
:icon_thumright:

Could be fuel timing, or something in the fuel line (filter, leaks etc). Has it been remapped in the past? Whoever did it could have made a hash of it and messed up the fuel timing compared to stock?

I've had dodgy wheel bearings and underinflated tyres have an affect on MPG in the past, but not almost halving it...

Could be fuel timing, or something in the fuel line (filter, leaks etc). Has it been remapped in the past? Whoever did it could have made a hash of it and messed up the fuel timing compared to stock?

I've had dodgy wheel bearings and underinflated tyres have an affect on MPG in the past, but not almost halving it...

I dont think its been remapped, certainly doesnt feel like it, ill mention the fuel timing when i book in the diagnostic
cheers jjmurphy21187