1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High fuel consumption after misfire???

rbailey88 Nov 12, 2013

1. rbailey88

rbailey88 Active Member

My cab has never missed a beat since owning it, but when out last weekend I felt a slight shudder and no power which gradually got worse while driving home, i had the same issue with my last 1.8t so new it was a faulty coil. Luckily I dropped into my mate who had a couple of spares as he had not long replaced all 4 of his when he had a faulty 1, so I changed the faulty coil and away I went, diagnosed and fixed within half an hour I was happy. But over the last week my mpg stays at 27.9... Never goes above or below? I know it normally goes up and down constantly and goes up to 35-40mpg on motor way runs but it won't budge. I'll get a diagnostic check done when I've got time but wondered if anybody has any input? Thanks

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  2. pauldazzle

pauldazzle Well-Known Member

Reset the DIS on both settings 1 & 2. Unfroze mine.

3. rbailey88

rbailey88 Active Member

sorted it now mate, that's what I did though... Not sure why it was stuck on the same mpg constantly but just reset it and it's back to normal :) thanks for the info