1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIDs and Alloys!

DIA Mar 30, 2007

1. DIA

DIA New Member

Hey people, im new to this an ive just bought a 2002 a4 cab and was hoping someone here could answer a few questions for me. First, i want to get some HIDs fitted can anyone advise me of which ones are the best and where to get them. Secondly i am thinking of putting a set of 18in BBS LM alloys, does anyone have any pics of one with them or advise me of a better set of alloys to buy. Thanks!!!

2. 46TheDoctor

46TheDoctor Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

My mates have had quite a few sets of HID s off flea bay, and to be fair they all seem to be identical but with different labels on, so they all seem to be much of a muchness, id say go for the 8000k as they seem to look best IMHO. In terms of rims if you fancy something BBSish have you had a look at SSW Mesh alloys. If you scroll through this A4 forum you will find a post titled "Clayed the car" and this containd a few pics of an a4 avant with them on. It was only posted less than a month ago so it wont be too far down. Theres a bloke on EBAY who sells these in 19" with tyres for just under £900. A fraction of the cost of BBS.:shutup2:

3. 46TheDoctor

46TheDoctor Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Hi ive found that post and brought it to the top 4 u, also ebay item no: 250077109212. Hpoe this helps, there is a bloke who will sell you 19s for this price on there though.:nyah:

4. VTEC_Killer

VTEC_Killer Member

You want the 6000k HID kit mate - the 8000k are toooo bright (and blue/purple) :no:

The ones I have on are the Interpower x5 kit - £200. There are cheaper ones but the X5 kit has all the relays etc so it won't conflict with 'buld warning' sensors etc

I did a fair amount of research before I bought mine; the Interpower kit was always recommend highly and having had them for 3 months - they are awesome :arco:

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

5. DIA

DIA New Member

Thanks guys, much appreciated!!!:icon_thumright: VTEC do u know where i can get the HIDs u purchased?

6. golf

golf ***** rent boy VCDS Map User

8000k aren't as bright as 6000k but look a little bluer. I would recommend sticking to around 5000k - 6000k. Any higher and you're losing light which sort of defeats the purpose of having xenons really. 6000k are blue enough anyway. Like VTEC_Killer said, it's worth getting a decent set of xenons as the ones from the far east for £60 can cause warnings in the DIS.

7. DIA

DIA New Member

Golf, love ur car, the rims look great!!!

8. VTEC_Killer

VTEC_Killer Member