HIDs and Alloys!

DIA

Reaction score
Hey people, im new to this an ive just bought a 2002 a4 cab and was hoping someone here could answer a few questions for me. First, i want to get some HIDs fitted can anyone advise me of which ones are the best and where to get them. Secondly i am thinking of putting a set of 18in BBS LM alloys, does anyone have any pics of one with them or advise me of a better set of alloys to buy. Thanks!!!

My mates have had quite a few sets of HID s off flea bay, and to be fair they all seem to be identical but with different labels on, so they all seem to be much of a muchness, id say go for the 8000k as they seem to look best IMHO. In terms of rims if you fancy something BBSish have you had a look at SSW Mesh alloys. If you scroll through this A4 forum you will find a post titled "Clayed the car" and this containd a few pics of an a4 avant with them on. It was only posted less than a month ago so it wont be too far down. Theres a bloke on EBAY who sells these in 19" with tyres for just under £900. A fraction of the cost of BBS.:shutup2:

Hi ive found that post and brought it to the top 4 u, also ebay item no: 250077109212. Hpoe this helps, there is a bloke who will sell you 19s for this price on there though.:nyah:

You want the 6000k HID kit mate - the 8000k are toooo bright (and blue/purple) :no:

The ones I have on are the Interpower x5 kit - £200. There are cheaper ones but the X5 kit has all the relays etc so it won't conflict with 'buld warning' sensors etc

I did a fair amount of research before I bought mine; the Interpower kit was always recommend highly and having had them for 3 months - they are awesome :arco:

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Thanks guys, much appreciated!!!:icon_thumright: VTEC do u know where i can get the HIDs u purchased?

8000k aren't as bright as 6000k but look a little bluer. I would recommend sticking to around 5000k - 6000k. Any higher and you're losing light which sort of defeats the purpose of having xenons really. 6000k are blue enough anyway. Like VTEC_Killer said, it's worth getting a decent set of xenons as the ones from the far east for £60 can cause warnings in the DIS.

Golf, love ur car, the rims look great!!!