Hid, Wiper motor problem?

Depends what your insurance is like mate for an S3 for your age, you may want to check this now, then you'll know in a year a rough guide of the costs which may then give you more of a heads up on where you want to plant your dough as such.

Depends what your insurance is like mate for an S3 for your age, you may want to check this now, then you'll know in a year a rough guide of the costs which may then give you more of a heads up on where you want to plant your dough as such.

Well at the moment my insurance is £1800 or £2000 on a 1.6 SE as the additional driver on the policy- had this car since 2008, im 20 now, when i grad i should be turning 22.. Rough estimate on insurance?

Damn, if its 2k now mate on 1.6, then S3 will be sky high imho, go online & test the water, imho, mod your current car lol, insurance will be a killer, but you ever know.

hello folks,

I've got a 2010 a3 with the standard headlights, I wish to change the original headlights to the xenon plus headlights (DRLs). I know this isn't an easy task as I popped into the local Audi showroom and asked about this conversion and they said they don't have a script procedure for this and it would require new control units, wiring & re-programming and could be a trial and error experiment.

HAS ANYONE EVER DOES THIS? OR KNOW OF ANY GARAGE THAT CAN DO THIS?.......surely its possible for a reasonable price.

Thanks for any help.​

Replied to your other thread post.

Hi, if you’re still going to go for a HID KIT conversion look for a genuine set of MTEC-HID KIT specific for Audi a3-a4 there are a bit pricey around £150 but you dont get any interference or power surges to any other electrics on board so no wiper motor issues, plus no dashboard error issues, they last forever same as OEM quality.

Lol nhn I'm probably gonna get a 2litre s line in summer time for an upgrade as I turn 21 in may

Just wondering if any knows of a HID kit that doesnt EFF the wiper motor up :) Hate halogen bulbs after my golf mark 4 having HIDS :(

Thanks Alot

Grant :)
I paid 30 quid on ebay for HID kid and loved them as easy to fit and not a problem for 3 weeks then driving home in the rain when oh no wipers. Took ages locating the problem as when it happened i was never on Audi sport. I bought a 2nd had motor on ebay and after slicing my hand open and snapping the scuttle pannel and cracking my screen in the proces fitting the T*at it didnt work so at the end of the day a new panel windscreen and brand new motor from Audi fitted around the FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS mark my friend it is not worth the hassel :)

I paid 30 quid on ebay for HID kid and loved them as easy to fit and not a problem for 3 weeks then driving home in the rain when oh no wipers. Took ages locating the problem as when it happened i was never on Audi sport. I bought a 2nd had motor on ebay and after slicing my hand open and snapping the scuttle pannel and cracking my screen in the proces fitting the T*at it didnt work so at the end of the day a new panel windscreen and brand new motor from Audi fitted around the FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS mark my friend it is not worth the hassel :)

Ouch!