1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HID Problem

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Phantom_A4, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

Hello!

Well I'm beginning to hate HID kits, unfortunately I can't seem to get a kit to work properly...

I've had two kits where one or both bulbs just cut out completely this can be at any point as well. Kit I have now strobes like a police light and only sorts itself out if you reset the lights every 5 seconds.

Having tried to research a bit more into this as I'm sure it's not the ballasts/bulbs as they work in other cars I'm not sure what to do. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on the web and was wondering if anyone might be able to help me solve it.

Any help is appreciated :)
  2. unikarl

unikarl Member

3. Stringster

Stringster Missed gear

It sounds as if you need to get some capacitors:
    "Capacitor, used to stop strobing of HID xenon conversion kits, can also sometimes be the key to stopping flickering and bulb out errors"

This seller includes them with kits but not sure if they sell them separately:
    HID KIT XENON ULTIMATE 25W LOAD RESISTORS LED PACKAGE | eBay UK
  4. unikarl

unikarl Member

Actually, I have a pair of those capacitors if you want them..... £5 to cover postage and its done!
  5. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

6. lespaul

lespaul Member

If you do get the lights let me know, I might change mine over. One question how does it work with the manaul leveling button on the dash?
  7. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

Whilst waiting for the guys to reply I was swapping ballasts/bulbs to see if that would make a difference seems the new kits bulbs work best with my old kits ballast and no probs. Only arse was who's going to accept the kit back haha.

Run it for a while and seems to be ok so far, will keep you updated.

The manual leveling still works fine. :)