HID Kit Install

Reaction score
Hey folks bought a HID kit at the start of the week and should arrive soon.

Was wondering where you guys who have mounted all the bits and bobs.

Like the brackets which hold the ballasts etc.

Also did you guys change any of the other bulbs for like full beam etc? As the the HID kit will only be replacing the main beam lights.

Cheers.

The brackets that came with mine, allowed me to mount the ballasts to the headlight,kind of bent down at the rear.

I used silver stars for the highbeam, and i already have LEDs as side lights, so they are also a good match

If you take the headlight out you can mount the ballast underneath with a little bit of adjustment as the recess is nearly the correct size. I mouinted mine with velcro in that position and it aint going anywhere (also nice and stealthy). Then its just a matter of drilling a hole the right size for the wires and plug and play. Used PIAA white/white led side lights which are a fantastic match and PIAA extreme white for main beam. Makes the car look new again, but annoys the hell out of people as the ones I fitted are 8000K.

I was told they were legal, but I am not sure. To be truthful you cannot tell they are LED except that they are a lot whiter then std. I bought mine from ebay from this guy, he sells them cheap but am not sure if they are genuine piaa.... they are just as good though http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2pcs-501-PIAA...ryZ72233QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem For the mains I bouight piaa extreme whites from here http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/search.php?q=extreme+white+ They are never going to match the HID's but are a lot brighter. Most sell these for £70+...this company is a lot cheaper, but they take a couple of weeks to get to you as they ship to order.

I had GT150 philips bulbs in my main beam before which I just put in my full beam. Are a bit brighter than before and look a tiny bit more blue than the old Osrams that came with the car when I bought it.

Have ordered those side lights to.