HID conversion kits or LED/LEXUS lights???

fesss_84

Sylar
Reaction score
Hi People

Just wondering if these HID conversion kits are worth the money?

do they really improve lighting when driving during the night?

if anyone has them installed, how strong are they? and how easy are they to install? would they invalidate the manufacturers warranty installing them?

does anyone have A3 with LED rear lights, and/or lexus front lights installed? im debating wheather to get HID conversions or simply change the style of lights? opinions please guys

I was thinking of getting some but for what its worth i changed my mind.

Looking at other cars with them they look cheap and boy racey to me if you know what i mean.

I like the look of Xeon lights its that flicker of another colour which i like.

TBH i dont see much of a difference in lighting to the standard ones id spent the money on something else although, thats just my opinion...

Fitting Xenon HID units makes your car illegal unless you also fit the self-levelling and headlamp washers. The law also requires that they are fitted to lenses designed for use with Xenon headliights and not to ones designed for use with halogen units.

Better just to upgrade the existing halogen bulbs.

h5djr said:
Fitting Xenon HID units makes your car illegal unless you also fit the self-levelling and headlamp washers. The law also requires that they are fitted to lenses designed for use with Xenon headliights and not to ones designed for use with halogen units.

Better just to upgrade the existing halogen bulbs.

Dont let this put you off, I've been through 2 MOT's and driven passed the rozzers more times than I can count and not once been stopped. And untill I do I'll keep using them as they were definetely worth the money.

Which goes to show that some MOT testing stations are not doing their job correctly.

thanks for your input guys, so u think i should just get my self some stronger bulbs but keep the lights as tey are.

fair enough would save alot of money and effort.

im sooooo excited my cars comming back fom the body repair shop 2moro morning @ 9, so i can start to enjoy my newly acquired vehicle, and fellas look out for blondes on the road, i nearly murdered the ***** that scuffed the side of my car, thats the reason it went to body repair, and id just had it over a week.

h5djr said:
Which goes to show that some MOT testing stations are not doing their job correctly.

An MOT examination will only check the workings and beam pattern of the lighting system. They will not check wether headlight assemblies comply with ECE Regulation 98.

I had 6500k HIDs on my last car and passed MOTs.

I've upgraded my A3 to have Phillips Extreme bulbs, not sure of any difference. One BIG problem I find is minimal side to side vision. I.e. your on a motorway and you can't see the left or right lane at all or even the central reservation. Seems a very narrow beam.