Hi, Newby after a few answers

Sky_Walker

Reaction score
Hi,

Im new to this site, i am looking at changing my current car to an A3 and just after a few answers, i apologise if these have been asked several times before. I am looking at either a 140 or 170 tdi hopefully quattro but not that bothered but the the ones have been looking at have high milage 70,000+, what things should i be looking out for on these cars? What are these engines like for tuning as at some point i will want to make it a bit more fun.

Thanks a lot Sean

140 = turbo failure - siren noise. (sticking veins) Test by alot of thrashing, see if it goes into limp mode because of 'overboost' issues.

170=DPF disruption-lights on instrument cluster remove as soon as it does.

Quattro editions, 40k haldex service.

Otherwise, kick the tyres.

Thanks a lot, ill more than likely go for the 170,I've learnt about the dpf problem after you mentioned it. How do these cars feel with Hugh mileage on?

Thanks a lot, ill more than likely go for the 170,I've learnt about the dpf problem after you mentioned it. How do these cars feel with Hugh mileage on?

70k is NOT high mileage for a diesel, as long as it has been serviced/looked after correctly then you should be fine, have seen examples of these cars with over 200k on the clock