hi newbie with some questions just bought a damaged s line

L

Lee Applin

hi all

picked up a damaged s line yesterday a 07 reg, i believe its a special edition as says se on the logbook?

anyway im looking for front panels rads etc etc is there anything unique to s line? i know bumper is different, the front panel and rads the same as a normal 2.0 tdi????

its a cracking car really looking forward to keeping it

are the dashboards the same as b6 b7?

Hi, welcomto ASN Lee, what model is your car, so i can move this thread to the section you will get most help from. Any pics? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi, welcomto ASN Lee, what model is your car, so i can move this thread to the section you will get most help from. Any pics? Enjoy the forum. :) x

model??? not sure i think its a 170?

heres the only pic i have lol, its got two intercoolers on front real nice s line leather seats and a big screen stereo

audi.jpg

quite a story to it a poor chap unfortunatly put himself of a silly position of having 5 pints and driving, he crashed hence uninsured as arrested drink driving, i recovered it and ended up buying it for the lovely amount of £1600

need a fair few parts for it though we are going to keep it as ive allways wanted an audi like this

Its a cracking looking car, bit bashed, but sure it can be sorted. Great bargain for you. The guys will help you out. :) x

oh yes i do salvage cars anyway, stripped it today, legs flitches wing rails etc untouched hit a post so damage central, it did push the middle intercooler connector bit into sump though which cracked it slightly so its off to my mates ramp monday to have a new one fittted cambelt and oil change

i need though a s line bumper, bonnet, front panel and rad set etc.

oh yes i do salvage cars anyway, stripped it today, legs flitches wing rails etc untouched hit a post so damage central, it did push the middle intercooler connector bit into sump though which cracked it slightly so its off to my mates ramp monday to have a new one fittted cambelt and oil change

i need though a s line bumper, bonnet, front panel and rad set etc.

Check out our classifieds section. It has a search function Lee. Worth a try. :)

does it have 2 tail pipes on the back one at each side or a twin one to the left?

it has got an exhaust on each side is that not standard then? can you buy some nice trims that fit over them to improve looks???

that is standard for 170 models, mine is the 140 and has the twin at one side so you do have the quicker model, plus with that chip on it probably goes like **** off a shovel

ive taken it off and put it in the toolbox lol, its only the wife that will be mainly driving

you could get yourself a RS4 front grill, they look mint and really set the car off, unless like you say the wife will be driving most the time so just want standard s-line kit on it?

are they different then? do they fit into a s line bumper? or are the bumpers the same its just the big grill that is the differences? i did consider buying some of the wider rs4 wings but then id have to start welding the rear ones and cant really be ***** lol

Here mate spottied this
AUDI A4 B7 S LINE 2005 2006 2007 GENUINE FRONT BUMPER + GRILLE FOR SALE | eBay

As for my grill would really like £70 posted and paypalled as ive got to recover some of the cost of my Rs4 one. Its in good nick with the bages, plate mount and trim etc....

As for the Rs4 grills they are straight swap and have a honey comb style (plenty of pics on here). Although theyre not cheap, really depends how much you wanna spend on the car. Although seems you got a great deal. Will teach people to drink drive. His loss youre gain

Here mate spottied this
AUDI A4 B7 S LINE 2005 2006 2007 GENUINE FRONT BUMPER + GRILLE FOR SALE | eBay

As for my grill would really like £70 posted and paypalled as ive got to recover some of the cost of my Rs4 one. Its in good nick with the bages, plate mount and trim etc....

As for the Rs4 grills they are straight swap and have a honey comb style (plenty of pics on here). Although theyre not cheap, really depends how much you wanna spend on the car. Although seems you got a great deal. Will teach people to drink drive. His loss youre gain

i already have that one saved in favourites lol, tried searching didnt find one but them im not excellent with the internet lol

my model cars grill is black which i spose means i have to paint it lol

hi there i have a s-line grill with all the badges, rings, ans the s-line if you interested, not painted black tho

Yeah seems to be a shortage on ebay at the moment. You can get grills with gloss black trim but they dont turn up very much. Most just vinyl wrap them

£1600???? Not recorded???
absolute bargain you can't go wrong with that.
The lower intercooler joining pipe is different to the 140 aswell and are not easy to find neither is the o/s intercooler if that's smashed.

£1600???? Not recorded???
absolute bargain you can't go wrong with that.
The lower intercooler joining pipe is different to the 140 aswell and are not easy to find neither is the o/s intercooler if that's smashed.

oh great lol, both intercoolers are fine but the lower one is fecked , whats the difference? weldable? i know a bolt on engine mount gos on as its smashed my sump lol

when your fixing it check all the air con like compressor as i hit fox at 60 and mine went, u should be able to tell if its a special edition as the front light wont have any orange indicator covers on them and the seat are 2 tone, plus special editions are 30mm lower then standard and 10mm lower then normal slines

will do but the imact was mainly absorbed by the engine hence sump and all mounts even the gearbox mount broke, result really as all chassis legs flitches wing rails etc untouched, almost a bolt on repair

audi1.jpg

air bags popped then? different headlights. Quick question about that TDI tuning box. I bought a similar one some time ago but didnt read into them enough.I had a chip express one but it never fitted my car. Be interesting to get some info on the TDi Tuning box is it for sale?

yea ive put it on ebay mate not really interested in extra performance

headlights????? the ones in pic above are the ones that were on the car, all i had to do was get a couple lug mounts pro welded to look good phew that saved me a few hindred i bet as there the led xenon lights

yea ive put it on ebay mate not really interested in extra performance

headlights????? the ones in pic above are the ones that were on the car, all i had to do was get a couple lug mounts pro welded to look good phew that saved me a few hindred i bet as there the led xenon lights

They are aftermarket headlights, cost new if I remember right about £270

????????????? they have got audi markings on them im sure they have???? whats the std ones?

ohh maybe not just looked what a bummer are they pants then?

ohh maybe not just looked what a bummer are they pants then?

I had them for awhile, they were ok, used them with osram night breaker plus bulbs. The beam pattern wasn't as good as oem, but some have added hids which have made a massive difference.

I had them for awhile, they were ok, used them with osram night breaker plus bulbs. The beam pattern wasn't as good as oem, but some have added hids which have made a massive difference.

yes they are the xenon type ones, im quite gutted i even paid 20 quid to have the lugs fixed lol

oh well ill buy some used std ones and maybe the tuning box will pay for them if it sells

Hi Lee

I have just ordered one of the tuning boxes that you found in your new car. I cant work out exactly where it connects to. Do you know where it connects up to ? Pictures would be brilliant if you have any, cheers