1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Newbie need some help please

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by showyS3, Jul 7, 2007.

1. showyS3

showyS3 Gooner4life

[Jul 7, 2007]
    Hi Everyone, Ive just brought an S3, after 3 years of fun with my Rx8, Just a couple of questions. I am very dissapointed with my satnav, I cant play cd and navigate at the same time, I cant believe they cant get it to do that. Im also having problems ejecting the navigation disk is there anything apart from the obvious of pressing eject.

Thanks in advance for your help

Sawkt
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Jul 7, 2007]
    Hello and welcome to the site.

Probably worth taking it back to the dealer to investigate the eject problem.

Not sure about the playing and navigating bit.

What two-tone leather have you got?
  4. hardcore Hallam

hardcore Hallam Member

[Jul 7, 2007]
    I am very dissapointed with my satnav, I cant play cd and navigate at the same time, I cant believe they cant get it to do that.

In order to navigate and listen to Cds at the same time, you need a CD multi-changer (fitted into passenger glove box). If you have one of these and you still can't do both, take it straight back to the dealers. I received my car 5 weeks ago, and I'm still having trouble with the Sat Nav unit. They've replaced it twice now and I'm waiting for a THIRD, as it still isn't right!

5. showyS3

showyS3 Gooner4life

[Jul 8, 2007]
    I have Black/red. So much more interesting then all black option.
  6. showyS3

showyS3 Gooner4life

[Jul 8, 2007]
    I have the Ipod option in my glovebox fitted, so thats not an option. I bought an demonstrator off the dealer so I didnt choose the options. But I was genuinely shocked when they told me I cant do both.
    Mazda some how managed it in the Rx8's so why cant Audi.

Apart from that its my 3rd day of ownership and Im loving every minute.:) :)
  7. Shao_khan

Shao_khan Member

[Jul 8, 2007]
    I thought the Nav also had SD card slots for Music as well?
  8. showyS3

showyS3 Gooner4life

[Jul 10, 2007]
    I went this morning to the dealer regarding my Sat nav, The service guy mentioned it most likely will need a new system with out even looking at it. So I think they have had a few with similar issues Im hoping a new unit will cure the problem fingers crossed.
  9. marms

marms Member

[Jul 10, 2007]
    When the cars are shipped I believe the DVD eject is disabled to stop the Navigation DVD going missing. The dealer is supposed to turn this off at PDI.

The coding necessary to change this is as follows

-> Channel 067 (Eject CD/DVD)
    000 - default
    001 - eject CD/DVD
    255 - eject button locked, no eject possible

Of course it might not be this at all and the RNS-e could be faulty. Just thought I'd let you know in case nobody has thought to check this.
  10. showyS3

showyS3 Gooner4life

[Jul 11, 2007]
    Hi there I went back twice to the dealer, They manage to eject disk while its hooked up. As soon as I come back home it stops working again, Ive got it booked in for Friday so fingers crossed they manage to fix it or replace it. Ive just spent all that money on the car, I dont want to keep on going back and forward to the dealer Im busy enough as it is.

I really think when they say they do all this pre delivery checks they dont bother and just sign the paperwork.