1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi, new to the site...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by tezmanian devil, Nov 6, 2011.

1. tezmanian devil

tezmanian devil New Member

[Nov 6, 2011]
    evening all, just thought id introduce myself befour posting any topics...

hi, my names terry and im 25 and live down on the sun shine coast that is eastbourne. just recently bought a 2001 audi a3 1.8t which is my first audi, wanted one for quite a while now but always been a ford nut and bought another ford instead, bit i feel it's time for a change now...
    i have no idea whats what with these car's so please bare with me if i ask any daft questions lol

and my car...

its a 2001 reg a3 1.8t as above which has been remapped and the questimated power is around 210-220 bhp, but i want to get it on the rollers to get a proper power figure and make sure everythings fine and dandy as i have no paper work for the remapping.
    other than the remap, alloys and being lowered its pretty much standard, so it's a nice blank canvas for me to make it my own, which iv already started on lol.
    here's some picture's i pulled off the ebay auction...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and how she stands now...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

plans for it soo far are to raise the rear suspension as it looks daft how it is atm, fit the front mount intercooler kit i have for it and remove the silly dump valve and fit a proper recirc valve and get some bigger brake's (what upgrade options are available?), wont be doing nothing too mental as it's a daily driver and the mrs use's it more than me ;(

im having abit of trouble with the front mount kit i have which im hoping someone can help with if possible?
    i basically need a silicone boost pipe that goes from the cold side of the standard intercooler to the inlet manifold with a take off for a recirc valve but dont really know where to look, tried ebay and a couple of other place''s but cant find anything...
    any help with this would be great!!
  2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 7, 2011]
    Hi Terry! Welcome to ASN. Post over in the A3 section for info or help you need. The guys are really helpful. Enjoy the forum.
  3. tezmanian devil

4. Reesy

Reesy Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Nov 9, 2011]
    Welcome to the site mate. Agree about the rear suspension, and agree with Sandra about posting in the 8L section with any queries you have.
  5. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

[Nov 11, 2011]
    :sign_welcome: TO ASN
  6. RobMorris

RobMorris Member

7. tezmanian devil

[Nov 13, 2011]
    cheers for the welcome :)