Hi new Audi owner with a lot on his plate!

audiman786

Reaction score
I have recently started buying from auctions in my spare time for a bit of fun and as I buy quite a lot of Audi's, I thought it would be a sensible idea to become a member of the forum (hopefully will be welcomed by you guys haha!).

I bought a 2007 57 Audi A6 Avant 2.0 TDI 140 SE in Black with a BRE Engine with 156k miles.
The vehicle was purchased as a non-runner for £1800 all in. It has 1 Previous Owner, Audi Service History till 110k miles.

I need to replace the engine as the block is completely smashed through and has taken out pistons etc. and is not really an affordable option to rebuild it. I also obviously will give it a good service, replace EGR valve, and replace the cambelt & waterpump.

The vehicle will also need a replacement turbo, and also a replacement clutch & flywheel.

First thing is first however, does the replacement engine HAVE to be a BRE code or can it be something else?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Sandra
Hi, welcome to Audi-sport.net. Ask any questions you have in the A4 section. We glad to have you on here. We are all friendly and helpful. Enjoy the forum ;) x