hi guys

I

imported_andy999r

Hi new member here, nogaro blue s3, one of the last to be registered. Enjoying my S3, until it started to lose power then go mad then lose power.....etc. Turns out it was my n75 valve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Northampton Audi sorted it first time/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif Aparantly this is something to do with the dump valve.......

Welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nice choice of colour and glad your problem is now sorted.

Good luck from here on in!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The standard Bosch DV fails.........quite common.

Quite a lot of us have upgraded it to an AMD Viper or Forge equivalent.

This n75 valve isnt the dump valve, its apparantly an electronic control over the dump valve? My car was over boosting, the traction control light was then coming on sensing too much something or other. this then caused the engine to protect itself by dumping all the boost, hence loads of power followed by no power.....still sorted now.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
andy999r said:
This n75 valve isnt the dump valve, its apparantly an electronic control over the dump valve? My car was over boosting, the traction control light was then coming on sensing too much something or other. this then caused the engine to protect itself by dumping all the boost, hence loads of power followed by no power.....still sorted now.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

how did u fix it?

[ QUOTE ]
peteTDI said:
so the n75 opens and shuts the dv then?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Basically, the N75 tells the ECS how much to boost... but the ECU has tolerances so can go over the top. Someone will correct me if im wrong

Rich