Hi guys newbie here

44ark

Reaction score
hi hopefully picking up a S3 today in british racing green on an 01 plate so face lift model with 108k miles full bose cruise and some other bits and pieces.

Judging by the prices on pistonheads and ebay it could be a bargain too.

Ive had a fair few perfomance cars in the past but they had to go when the baby arrived and now the mrs has the main car so a year on i wanted a toy i could play with and thought this would be the best match for me as too old to go for something jap been 35 and not wanting to look like a boy racer.

Ive looked at few threads and would like to know if this is a good mods list.

Remap
Filter
Exhaust
Liquid guage or boost guage.
Windows tints
maybe new alloys
Double Din head unit with sat nav, bluetooth etc (Currently the car has bose is it really that much of a nightmare to get working as i have read)

The car is ive been told totally stock but has an issue with the indicators not working all the time have read that the Hazzard switch is the first thing to try so an easy fix and a bargaining tool to get the price dropped.

As for the remap i would like to get this done asap so does anyone have any recommendations in the cheltenham or oxford area and also any thoughts on the above list of mods or if im missing something that would be a good mod.

Thanks

Remap -badger 5
FIlter + 3" tip - badger 5

Sounds like a nice car dude! The indicators not working at all or just can't hear them tik? Hazard switch is a cheap fix so worth doing.. Check the car for usual s3 defects eg.. Roof rail bubbles and door rust, drive the car and inspect for boost leaks etc.. You'll find all that info in the "s3 buying guide" - really helpfull thread that! There is so much to do on these cars of it suits your taste! Check people's build threads as it gives you an insight to what you'd like to do or don't want to do! Good luck bud!

Oh yeah... Pics or it never happened :)

whats the 3" tip?

Not sure yet he just said the indicators were a bit dodgy will soon find out as meeting him this afternoon.

thanks guys is the BRG that rare then must admit only been looking about a week and this popped up on ebay havent seen any other that colour for sale

Hi guys

Picked up the car today at a very good price but had a few niggles that need dealing with some I noticed and beat him up on the price with and a couple that have just come to light.

There seems to be a bit of rev overrun on wot when changing gear seems fine at normal driving though.

Drivers door makes a funny hollow knock when closing like something is a bit loose inside.

Both electric seats seem to not have the heating working nor the up and down adjustment of he seat.

The computer screen seems to have suffered from the missing pixels prob too.

Indicators don't seem to be working but have ordered new hazard switch after reading on here.

But it does seem quick and a strong engine which is what I wanted and brought it as a project

Any ideas on hopefully easy fixes on the above??

i have the pixel problem on my a3 1.8t, if you get a fix for that, let us know