Hi guys....C5 S6 owner now

Hairless wonder

Reaction score
Just bought my first Audi, c5 S6 Avant with faulty auto box. Came across this forum whilst doing some research on the fault codes and possible causes. i have been mostly into bmw and the odd Mercedes but decided to bite the bullet as this one came up pretty reasonably priced.

Plans are to get it running hopefully it's just the gearbox ecu, the battery in the scuttle panel is surrounded by water and according to some forums this flows over into footwell and causes havoc with the trans ecu. If it's not, then I will deal with it as my wallet sees fit . I don't think I will be documenting anything but who knows, after reading super ron's thread I felt like this was the place for me and am raring to get stuck in. My knowledge is limited to bmw e30's ..... And it's not that great either.

Anyway, anybody on here live near Camberley / Farnborough ?

Gav

Hi Gav, welcome to Audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? If you check out the events section you will see who lives near you. Enjoy the forum. :)

Hello and welcome, keep us updated with your progress and fixes as you never know it might help another member in the future with a similar problem. And that's what we're all about ahhh (insert warm and fuzzy feeling here) :)

Reactions: Sandra
Just bought my first Audi, c5 S6 Avant with faulty auto box. Came across this forum whilst doing some research on the fault codes and possible causes. i have been mostly into bmw and the odd Mercedes but decided to bite the bullet as this one came up pretty reasonably priced.

Plans are to get it running hopefully it's just the gearbox ecu, the battery in the scuttle panel is surrounded by water and according to some forums this flows over into footwell and causes havoc with the trans ecu. If it's not, then I will deal with it as my wallet sees fit . I don't think I will be documenting anything but who knows, after reading super ron's thread I felt like this was the place for me and am raring to get stuck in. My knowledge is limited to bmw e30's ..... And it's not that great either.

Anyway, anybody on here live near Camberley / Farnborough ?

Gav

Not far from there, Basingstoke. Just bought a C5 4.2 V8 myself the other week. Needed a bit of work and wasn't running right but she's there now. Lovely car. Would have liked an S6 but couldn't find a good one and this came up at a great price and condition. Good luck with the box!

Richard

Reactions: Hairless wonder
Only one in this welcome forum. Will start one in the C5 forum at some point but don't have much time to document all my work.

Reactions: Hairless wonder