1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Guys Am new to this( i want to know more about the s3)

K.A Oct 3, 2012

1. K.A

K.A Member

Hi my name is Kahim and am from Leeds.

Am looking to buy a Audi s3 8P Ibis white with s-tronic. Has anyone had any problems with s-tronic and what are the costs like repairing them when they need changing.

Thank you :D

2. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro s tronic Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Hi welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a read through the faqs threads at the top of the page. Lots of useful information in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

3. I oOEddOo I

I oOEddOo I Member

K.A welcome to the forum if you are still looking for a Ibis S3 s-tronic www.rmc-cars.co.uk on their there is one for sale
    I am sure the folks on here will give you all the advice enjoy :)

4. OVRA3

OVRA3 Well-Known Member

Please don't buy an s3 in ibis I can't handle anymore photos of new s3's in ibis white 😄

andrecc likes this.
  5. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

The mechatronic units can go, which are £1500+ to replace.

BUT, that's few and fair between. They are lovely to drive, just make sure the DSG oil is done every 40k.

K.A likes this.
  6. Ben H

Ben H On a journey...

I've not heard of an S-Tronic gearbox failing on an S3 - has anyone else? I don't think it was available as an option until 2009, so most S3 S-Tronics will still be covered by the 3-year (transferable) Audi warranty.

Assuming I pass the 3-year mark (next June for mine), I will be either extending the Audi warranty or seeking an alternative for peace of mind.

K.A likes this.
  7. N8

I've not either Ben.

K.A likes this.
  8. jarazzle

jarazzle New Member

I've not heard anything in Aus either. All the mechtronics failures are with the 7 speed "dry" gearbox i.e. not the one in the S3

9. K.A

K.A Member

I only do 80 miles a week and on holidays i go to London, Gloucestershire etc other than that its only 80 miles or less. I just commute to uni and back and take my family to where they wana go. i dont think i cant do 40k not after couple of years lol...buh i will do full service every year.

10. N8

Yeah common sense that though ;)

11. K.A

K.A Member

yeah