hi from north wales

alfie155

Reaction score
hello!

my name andy and ive just bought a black a4 avant s-line 2.0 tdi tdv 149bhp on an 06 plate! beutifull looking moter as all audis are and very well equiped with its bose sound system etc

have got one or two issues with it! its done 131k and it has full audi history, the life long sevice, its had the book stampped by audi but no sign of any work done! i'e cambelt chainged? surly at that mileage its had to have been done? also i found the clutch had a well used feel, not slipping but as if it could be on the way out? like as if there is no biting point?
does anyone have any idea how much a clutch would cost in one of these?
also wen i first started it up, it had like a curry smell like as if the heater matrix has gone, but the smell went when i test drove it, and there are no leaks in the foot wells? but it may not be an issue as i kept the blowers on hot for a while and there didnt seem to be a bad smell. after and wife couldnt smell anything! air con works perfectly!

Last edited:
Hey mate just joined the forum, im from north wales 2, were bouts are u, ive got a 05 saloon 2.0tdi sline. Great car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey drmole where u from? Will try get pics up soon, im using the iphone with tapatalk app , and it takes a while on this to load 'em

hi drmole, i've already posted some pics of mine in the stickys. my best m8 has moved down to ceaphilly, suppose it aint to far from you? he's also an audi lover, he drives an 04 plate b6 s-line avant 1.8 turbo 190bhp specal edition.

Last edited:
got no pics personally, look out for a bright red b6 avant with rs alloys, wont find many down there ;-)

i'll try! a few nice ones up here! got any pics for yours?

Last edited:
of course how many u want lol
263776_10150211895353922_739318921_7505629_2998282_n.jpg
254960_10150211896273922_739318921_7505639_5127991_n.jpg
37222_407263353921_739318921_4687370_6518726_n.jpg
281211_10150260292763922_739318921_7928749_401339_n.jpg

very nice

yeah thats the 2.0 turbo 220bhp s-line specal edition? it came with the two tone leather, there are little things such as the s-line badge on the steering wheel and s-line on the crome door steps?

Last edited:
yes im getting to kno my audis

the s-line se are like hens teeth to get hold of.

would of liked one myself but i needed to get away from being a petrol head, due to a new job and young family, caravan holidays, i needed a diesal estate.

Last edited:
thats why i settled for just an s-line! not that im complaining, very pleased with the moter, beutiful to drive and has bose system with bluetooth phone prep, all singing and dancing that i still havnt managed to work out yet lol

thanks for advice, ive managed to set up the phone, is the any way i can play the music off my phone?

there are a few blemisers i want to get sorted, alloys are slightly kerbbed so going to get um refurbed and theres a scratch and a hand full of stone chips on the front bumper and bonnet so im going to get it respray. got a private plate to put on W20 AMR (amr mine and my daughters intials), also it needs all round discs and pads so may as well upgrade them. MTEC black edition discs and mintex green stuff pads, thats all im going to do! i did toy on the idea on a re-map to 190bhp but i think im going over board now dont really want to go too far! the car looks and drives good as it is!

oh it ****** annoys me m8 wen i polish it! black its a beutitiful colour but its the worse colour to look after! gets dirty within a minute on going out and shows evey little tiny mark, yeah thowing pepper on it would be a good term to use, my bonnet looks like orion's belt! but when i was looking for a car my wife specifically stated ''i want an audi'' good choice yes i want an audi too ''and i want it black'' knowing full well im the one who has to wash it! and being as i like sex, i said yeah:shrug:

Last edited:
Hey alfie i know what u mean by black n keeping it clean.NIGHMARE!!!!! looks so awesome when clean tho:)
Hey drmole nice car similar to mine!! Same alloys, colour. Ive got the rs4 grill on mine n rs4 mirror caps. In the process of fitting cupra splitter, then a bit if carbon wrapping. And thats just the tip of the iceberg,lol

yeah get some pics up mate im going for a rs4 grill for mine too and a host of other plans as soon as i can get bk to work n sort the funds out
wa products n process u use to keep ur black car clean (please dont say T cut n Black colour magic like an a3 owner said yesterday)

Will post sum pics up asap.i found a oem rs4 grill on ebay bout 5 mnths back and it was a real bargain!!!!!!
I use megs ultimate wash, then i got a poor boys black hole glaze or autonglym ultra deep shine, and collonite 476 wax. But usually can only be bothered to just give it wash!lol

Some quick pics i took on my iphone
d4b7802c-ab3f-ebc0.jpg
d4b7802c-ab74-ecd3.jpg
d4b7802c-abba-94c5.jpg

Twin exhaust hopefully, in the process of fitting a cupra splitter and just ordered some carbon wrap to cover a few bits, and just finished a double din conversion and fitting kenwood dnx 7220 multimedua nav unit! What bout you?

list is too long lol new wheels lower it on coilovers re map and some engine work fmi hoping for 300bhp maybe more stainless exausts RS4 interior and front grill maybe an RS4 body conversion god theres so much i wanna do lol but if i get a big enough compo payout i may even swap to an rs4 lol

very nice m8, i have consider doing the headlight conversion on mine.

ive just bought myself a bottle of that autoglym ultra deep shine, works really well on black paint!