1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi All!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by fuji, Apr 15, 2010.

1. fuji

fuji Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm Marc, based in Colchester in Essex. I just bought my first Audi today, 2008 A3 2.0 TDI 170PS S-Line in Black. Had a nice 260 mile drive home to get acquainted with the car and i can quite comfortably say....WOW :w00t:...so far, sooooooooooooooo good!

Looking at doing a few things to the vehicle but really trying to keep it as OEM as poss. I'm sure i'll be using the pages of useful stuff already on the forum as well as picking the brains of some of you in the not so distant future.

Things on my to-do list:
    - New Wheels & Tyres (18" or maybe a push to 19" if feasible)
    - Remap/Box
    - Lowering (I hear it improves the ride/handling...True?)
    - Black grille (Vinyl Wrap?)
    - Improved lighting (Exterior and Interior)

I'm sure there's alot more that i'll want to do as time progresses.
  2. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

Hi Marc! :sign_welcome: to the forum!! Sounds like a lovely motor!! Any pics?? You'll find all you need on the 8p a3/s3 section of the forum! I'll be keeping an eye to see the progess of your beauty!!
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  3. dean_watford

dean_watford Member

Lowering......U've heard the rumours about the s-line suspension being hard and after market being better :eek:).

Take a look at smudge_don's 170. He's running 19"s lowered.

You considering a remap...I would :eek:)
  4. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

:sign_welcome:
  5. fuji

fuji Member

Gops - No, pics at the mo, i'm planning to give the car a thorough wash and polish tomorrow (weather permitting). All being well i'll get a load of snaps and put them up.

dean_watford - Yea, i've gathered that pretty quickly just from the browsing the forum. What sort of drop to people normally go for without negative impact on handling? Remap is a certainty, just a question of whether i get the downpipe/exhaust/filter done before...all depends on cost.

Ming Blue - Thanks for the welcome. :icon_thumright: