1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi All - S3 Questions

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by kmpowell, Aug 26, 2003.

1. kmpowell

kmpowell Member

Hi all

My first post on A-S, so i thought i would delve right in. I have been a TT owner for 2 and half years(TT forum for 3 years) and basically the time has come to say goodbye to my beloved TTR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif to free up some money to buy a house. Its my second TT (first one was a coupe) and the only thing i can think of replacing it with is a S3! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I will be looking to spend about £15k, so i would appreciate your advice on what i should expect age/spec/condition wise for the money and what/where you would buy?

Am i right in thinking that Aug2000 saw a facelift consisting of Front&Rear lights and dashboard, but was there anything esle i am missing?

As Audi have taken the S3 off their configurator, can anybody enlighten me as to what the options were on the car?

I know they are quite broad questions, but hopefully you will be able to help.

Cheers in advance

Kevin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

Hi Kevin - welcome to a-s! How much are you telling the TTR for !?

Have you thought about a Leon Cupra R - same engine as the S3.... although not quite as plush :s

The S3 came as standard with leather electric recaro's, climate control

Options that I know of would be BOSE stereo (worth it, the BOSE doesn't sound great but definately better than standard), 6 CD Changer, Auto-Dip, Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Driver's Arm Rest

I am sure people will fill out the list if I've missed things off!

4. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

Whoo hoo we're getting rid of him! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

5. Wolfsburger

Wolfsburger Member

ScoTTy, you`re a funny guy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway, I recognise your sig picture from the TT forum so welcome to A-S!

To be honest, a 15k S3 will probably be quite old, as said before I`d look at a Leon Cupra R but there you go.

OK, S3 options as I remember,
    Metallic paint (Typical Audi, charge for everything)
    Steel sunroof,
    Bose,
    6 CD, (boot mounted)
    Cruise,
    Front centre arm-rest,
    Polished door mirrors,
    Heated seats,
    Three 3-point rear seat belts and headrests (2 standard),

Things like sat-nav were only available on later cars I think,along with the 18" RSTT wheels, things like zenon and leather Recaro seats (or leather and alcantara) were standard right from the start.

I almost bought a TT but the practicality of the S3 swung it (plus it was cheaper).

Good luck!

6. AndybS3

AndybS3 Member

For 15k you should get a good low mileage 210bhp with plenty of options or pay a premium and get the 225 with maybe less options or higher miles.I think your right about the facelift date you can tell by the headlights the facelifts have a one piece light the others have a gap between indicator and headlight.IMHO get the facelift 210 and get it chipped ,tuned by a reputable company as they tune to the same limit as a 225bhp.

Cheers Andy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

7. Jonmurgie

Jonmurgie Member

Andy bS3 - I'd be interested to see where all these 15k low mileage S3's are!!

I've been looking for an S3 at around 15/16k for the past week or so and we prefer a private sale to a trader (non Audi) but they are few and far between really...

I've finally found one but it's yellow!

8. AndybS3

AndybS3 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Jonmurgie said:
    Andy bS3 - I'd be interested to see where all these 15k low mileage S3's are!!

Youll have to look about and be prepaired to travel but if your buying private that is a reasonable price for a low mileage 210bhp with facelift also haggle a dealer will come and go a good bit if you have no trade in I got £1500 off mine if you dont ask you dont get.
    Cheers Andy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif