1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi all , just a couple of things to ask

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by turboaudi, Nov 30, 2006.

1. turboaudi

turboaudi Member

[Nov 30, 2006]
    i have just got an a4 t sport n reg and it has only normal keys, is it possible to use the remote flip keys with it , also sometimes the immobiliser light flashes on the dash , is that because i dont have a remote for the car, i have also just purchesd some black angel eye headlights off ebay for 150, are they any good and simple to fit.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. Beerzo

Beerzo Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

[Nov 30, 2006]
    The remote locking was an optional extra. Think there are kits that you can buy to get remote locking, one of the other guys should have more knowledge on this.

Not sure about the headlights, they should be fine, i am told that there can be a minor modification to the inner wing to get them to house correctly but no major dramas i think.
  4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Nov 30, 2006]
    On the N reg , there ma be a wiring modification to do too, depends on the type of bulbs fitted already. If you have the headlights with the built in fogs, you will be fine, if not there will be a mod required, which should be in your instructions.
    On your age car the remote was an option, but you will probably need a new CL pump with the feature to use a flip key. As for the flashing KEY symbol, its probably an imobiliser fault, do a search its been coverd loads.

Oh and welcome
  5. turboaudi

turboaudi Member

[Nov 30, 2006]
    thanks for your replys i am grateful, oh it does have the fog lights built in to the head lights
  6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Dec 1, 2006]
    That will mean when you fit the new lights, the high and low bulbs will illuminate when on high without additional work, Tidy
  7. smitch

smitch Active Member

[Dec 1, 2006]
    There was a thread on this the other day, i think it was on the A3 forum. Have a browse through there fella.
  8. Donald_MacIver

Donald_MacIver Member

[Dec 1, 2006]
    I fitted an OE Votex remote locking kit on my old A4, which was a 1996 1.8T. It took 5 minutes to fit, and had excellent range. Check this link - http://www.vagparts.com/pages/A4rem.htm

I am not sure if you can make the newer style flip remote keys work with the early A4's.