Hi all from a soon to be RS4 B7 owner.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm currently a A4 B7 avant owner but will soon be a b7 RS4 avant owner too, before I start my long awaited ownership of the wee beasty (hopefully before xmas all things being well) I was hoping to get a better overview of what to expect really from it and also what to lookout for mechanically etc.

So it's a 07 RS4 avant with 32k on the clock and still with the original owner, no mods have been carried out to it and has a full dealer service history.
I have seen from numerous other sources of info that certain area's are prone to issues and failures , I was thinking that a good starting point would be to get a reliable overview of what these areas and parts are ready for when I take ownership of it.
One bonus point is that even though it was purchased in the UK it has spent prettywell all of its life in the south of france in the nice and warm and only used lightly to keep things ticking over.

I know from my current A4 that low milage audi's can seem a bargain to start with but turnout to be a bag of problems very quickly due to lack of proper useage.

Anyway, I'm gabbling on a bit , so any help and info would be greatfully received , i'll get some pics up as soon as it takes pride of place next to my other avant.

cheers
rob

Hi Rob, can't wait to see it. Colour/spec? Maybe @THQuattro (Toby) be able to tell you any known issues as he has one. :) x

Reactions: --AUDI--
thanks Sandra, as you know I've been on the lookout for the right one for sometime so when the opportunity arose to buy this one I jumped at it.
Lava grey with the sports suspension pack and a sunroof and a lot of other options fitted, really well spec'd .
I have been looking for a sunroof car for ages without success , but it has the recaro comfort seats which I like and not the wing back ones.
I am going over to see again in the next few weeks aswell so will take some extra pics then , I know the car in a round about way as its a good friend that owns it but not seen it for a long time, hopefully still looks as good .

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Rob,

The main things that can be costly to sort out are:

Brake discs - approx £600 for a pair of front or back
Oil cooler - the pipes corrode and the connections seize onto the cooler. About £1k from Audi or Forge do an uprated kit for about £800
DRC - prone to failure. Depending on what fails / how many shocks fail, could cost a lot! Most opt for coilovers with Bilstein B14s starting at approx £900
If the car has only been used on short journeys and not red lined much, it may benefit from a carbon clean - £600.

I'm sure there's a couple of other things but the above are what springs to mind.

Oh, and invest in some good security on the assumption people will take notice of it!!

Mike

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie Farley and Sandra
Sounds amazing, hope it's as good as you remember. I do like lava grey. I so can't wait Rob, :) x

Hopefully I wont have the wheel colour matching issues ..lol

Hi Rob,

The main things that can be costly to sort out are:

Brake discs - approx £600 for a pair of front or back
Oil cooler - the pipes corrode and the connections seize onto the cooler. About £1k from Audi or Forge do an uprated kit for about £800
DRC - prone to failure. Depending on what fails / how many shocks fail, could cost a lot! Most opt for coilovers with Bilstein B14s starting at approx £900
If the car has only been used on short journeys and not red lined much, it may benefit from a carbon clean - £600.

I'm sure there's a couple of other things but the above are what springs to mind.

Oh, and invest in some good security on the assumption people will take notice of it!!

Mike

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that mike, I think the carbon clean is a must to be honest as the guy has not really driven it that hard so I expect build up is a possibility.
Oil pipes , I will keep that in mind , and i'll see what the history on the suspension is .
He said it had all new discs /pads fitted last year as the originals were not ideal due to lack of use, so i'll check that all out aswell.
anyway , that's some starting points, thanks Mike.

Hi Rob
If its a one owner and has only done 32k it sounds a bit of a gem.
If its had new tyres and brakes then that will save you some money but one of the major things is the DRC system, it would be good to know if thats all ok. Most people put coilovers on just to save any issues mine has KW V3,s which are very good. Check if its had a carbon clean recently as this can lower your BHP, if its not been used much then the carbon does build up but they love to be driven and you get to hear that V8. Don't forget its a ten year old car and its a serious bit of kit so stuff can go wrong so get it checked over at a garage you trust and look after it and enjoy it. Show us pics when you get it.

Hi Rob
If its a one owner and has only done 32k it sounds a bit of a gem.
If its had new tyres and brakes then that will save you some money but one of the major things is the DRC system, it would be good to know if thats all ok. Most people put coilovers on just to save any issues mine has KW V3,s which are very good. Check if its had a carbon clean recently as this can lower your BHP, if its not been used much then the carbon does build up but they love to be driven and you get to hear that V8. Don't forget its a ten year old car and its a serious bit of kit so stuff can go wrong so get it checked over at a garage you trust and look after it and enjoy it. Show us pics when you get it.
Thanks Toby :)

Thanks for the update chap, to be honest if it still the same condition I last saw it , which I suspect it is then its showroom , it just doesn't get used that much and with the weather being pretty good over there it is to be expected I think.
The DRC does worry me a bit but i'll get it all checked out to be safe, I know the guy very well and he would not sell me a problem car, but at the same time it is as you say , not a new car , so there are bound to be a few possible issues, i'm going into RS4 ownership with my eyes fully open and don't expect it to be a completely trouble free experience...
A learning curve maybe a good phrase.

Sounds like a peach! The guys have highlighted the big stuff.

I hope it all goes well for you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk