1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all.First time Audi owner.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by YOSHI87, Jun 29, 2011.

1. YOSHI87

YOSHI87 New Member

Hi guys an girls

Im Dave from Warrington, Just bought a v reg A3 1.6. Very happy with it.I did want a 1.8t but insurance was more than i wanted to pay.

Hope to be able to get advice etc on here as ive been a vauxhall driver before now.I havnt really done much to my little a3 except for some matt black alloys and hid headlights.Will be after some parts to make it look nice an subtly sporty.

Hope to see you guys at meets etc.

Thanks
  2. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

Hiya Dave and welcome to the forum. There are a few meets at the Trafford Centre, always worth a visit. Sadly I never made any before we emigrated but the guys are good to know. The alloys sound good any pics of the car?? And what plans do you have for the car? You will get loads of ideas on here lol so be prepared to spend! Enjoy the car.
  3. EAndy

EAndy New Member

Welcome Dave my old man came from a background of 12 Audi's in a row but I'm a first time Audi owner myself since last Friday.

Welcome!
  4. YOSHI87

YOSHI87 New Member

Cheers for the warm welcomes guys.

Id put some pics up but i really feel its in a state of limbo right now so its not looking great.And needs a really good clean.Some plans are to change the seats as the ones in are beige an realy badly marked.I would like to put s3 bumpers on but i know the wings were diffrent on a s3 so not to sure how it would look on a standard a3.I will though be wanting a s3 spoiler on there.I dont want to make it look something it isnt as i have done that in my early neon light,black angel eye and shopping list on the door days.I feel ashamed admiting that.lol.I think il be having a look on here for various inspiration as i just cant leave a car alone - i have to add bits and bobs.
  5. mikeyg

mikeyg Member

Welcome to the site
  6. Jay A3

Jay A3 come fly with me

Welcome Dave! Get some pics up soon, very always interested in how black alloys look, as im trying to get some inspiration too!
  7. YOSHI87

YOSHI87 New Member

Cheers Jay. Im not 100% on the alloys but it might be because ive only had them on a few hours.. this is how its looking at the momment anyways...

[​IMG]
  8. Jay A3

Jay A3 come fly with me

They 16's? Those alloys look cool with the silver trim around them mate! maybe look into some lowering springs :thumbsup:
  9. YOSHI87

YOSHI87 New Member

no Jay theres 17in. But i think the profile is wrong - They came of a golf an the guy was running them on 245/40/17 while i think they should be 225/40/17.

When i got the original wheels off i noticed it has already been lowerd but i cannot be sure on the amount of drop an the springs looks a bit past it. Id hope to get coilovers but i know they can be pricey.
  10. Jay A3

Jay A3 come fly with me

Sorry about the mix up, 245 is the width, your profile should be more like 45? im currently running 225/40/R18... if you decide to let those wheels go let me know :sly:

i got suggested this site when i first joined : DPM - Audi A3 8L Performance, Tuning & Suspension products check it out!
    Good luck mate