1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all! Another new guy

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Marc., Sep 17, 2012.

1. Marc.

Marc. New Member

[Sep 17, 2012]
    Hi all,

Ive been lurking in the shadows and reading all the great info on the forums, it's a goldmine of info on here.
    I recently decided to go the Audi route for my daily driver as I'd had a little brain lapse and bought a corsa Vxr as a commuter mobile last year, utter rubbish lol never again, cheap, nasty terrible build quality.

Sooo, i decided to go Audi, and bought a S3, it seemed a good compromise of running costs vs fun (I'd wanted a RS4 originally) and so far I love it. I was determined to leave it standard as I've always had tuned cars, but now I'm nudging 40 lol I should be sensible - that lasted 3 weeks before it was in to shark for a remap :)

Well that's me so hi again and I look forward to picking your brains about the mods (or efficiency improvement measures as the Missus believes) soon.

Marc
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 17, 2012]
    Hi Marc, welcome to audi-sport.net. Im glad your enjoying the forum. Yes, we have a lot of knowledge and really good friendly people on here, and all for free, lol. We also like spending other peoples money on mods, lol. Any pics of the car? Lol at nudging 40, thats still young. Enjoy. :) x
  4. Marc.

Marc. New Member

[Sep 17, 2012]
    Here's a few pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gotta love a shiny car :)
  5. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 17, 2012]
    Thanks for the pics, its lovely looking car. :) x
  6. veeeight

veeeight Well-Known Member

[Sep 17, 2012]
    Tell us more about the remap! How and what did it change?! Before vs After!
  7. Marc.

Marc. New Member

[Sep 17, 2012]
    Well, I was at shark having cruise retrofitted and couldn't resist having it mapped. After talking it over with the guys at shark I got exactly what they told me I would, it's a much smoother map with no huge spike in power and doesn't run out of puff now above 5k, they really have it nailed if real world drivability is what you're looking for. I'd recommend them to anyone.
    veeeight and W8 Performance like this.
  8. Audi Dynamik

Audi Dynamik Well-Known Member

[Sep 18, 2012]
    Very nice and shiny car !, glad your liking it :) any other mods planned, your still young yet !
  9. ruffrida

ruffrida Well-Known Member

[Sep 18, 2012]
    Shiney shiney, me likey, lol, Welcome nice motor fella
  10. Marc.

Marc. New Member

[Sep 18, 2012]
    <br>
    <br>Thanks :) I had intended to leave it standard, but I think it will more than likely end up modded lol.&nbsp;<br>Wish list would be - decent intake system, replacement down pipe and cat or maybe even full system, h&amp;r springs (as long as it doesn't kill the ride quality!), hpfp and stage 2+ then some subtle spacers maybe. I'm trying to resist modding too much, gotta love the subtle looks of the S3 :)
  11. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 19, 2012]
    Hiya and welcome. Very nice car indeed. Oh you missed a bit!!! :p Sure theres a speck of dust somewhere!!! lol

I like the term 'efficiency improvement measures' lol but I doubt she will believe you for long. Ah the mods never end, just dig deep in your pocket and enjoy the results.