1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi a few starter questions

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Chriskarl22, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Chriskarl22

Chriskarl22 New Member

[Apr 1, 2013]
    Hi all after selling my cupra R i have just got my first audi its a 2008 a4 sline b7 170 tdi (pd) and after abit of research i have a few questions that i am unclear on.
    i did solve my first problem (egr o-ring had come off so was smoking heavily) of my own research but i arent too sure about the following

1. Mines an ex company car so the only interior optional extra i have is multifunction wheel, but i would like cruise and trip computer. If i buy a cruise stalk to retrofit (already have vagcom) does it automatically come with the trip computer or is that the other stalk?

2. On my way home i had a small skirmish with a friend on an abandoned runway in his mk1 a3 1.8t its a 150bhp not sure exactly what its running but its got an fmic, cat back and a bmc cai and remapped, and it was identical to mine for 40-120 would this indicate mine has been remapped already or more likely that his had lost power with age? as with them mods i would epect at least 200bhp out of his which i wouldve thought would be considerably faster than mine.

3. Would anyone say there would be an issue with a de-dpf and map (from R-tech) at 100k? as i am considering this, the car has full audi s/h and is mostly motorway mileage literally better condition in every way then a 45k example i viewed on a 05 plate.

4. Did any b7 have day running lights (like a facelift or something) or was this only the b8 as ideally i would love some but i dont fancy installing aftermarket lights?

5. Can i get an iphone adaptor or aux cable for my headunit, dont realy want to remove unless i can as in my experience these things never seem to fit as flush as standard once removed. The unit says audi concert on it, nothing special plays mp3s , non colour screen assuming its the base model standard?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated Thankyou
  2. Ads

Ads

[Feb 1, 2015]

3. T3nnant

T3nnant Active Member

4. jjmurphy21187

jjmurphy21187 Tiptronic

[Apr 1, 2013]
    Not sure on the power output question. You'll need to cruise stalk to be able to control cruise, but I think every a4 has the capability... retrofits are available with OEM parts for circa £250.

Remap will be fine regardless of mileage providing the engine is well maintained and has no leaks or faults. No remapper worth their salt will apply a map to a car with fault codes, and I know from experience that rtech visually inspect the engine prior to any map also.

Hole that's of some help, and welcome to the forum!
  5. jjmurphy21187

jjmurphy21187 Tiptronic

[Apr 1, 2013]
    Oh, in response to 4 no there were never any LED DRLs fitted to a b7. There are various aftermarket headlights which you can get, either in an a5 or b8 a4 style. Most will require canbus compatible ballasts if fitting with hids also
  6. Chriskarl22

Chriskarl22 New Member

[Apr 6, 2013]
    Ok guys cheers for the help its appreciated. Turns out i have a concert iii so not much of the aftermarket stuff is compatible.
    And as for the map i think ill go ahead. Hoping to hit the 230bhp mark with a dpf delete. May be being abit optimistic but it seems people have so fingers crossed
  7. Steve220

Steve220 Member

[Apr 6, 2013]
    Massively optimistic.

Your car sounds about right for standard power. BHP governs your top speed, torque makes you accelerate and you'll have more being a diesel.