Hey, I have a Polo...

...umm i had the beast of em all...i had the country version!!...or known to many as the shag wagon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

The WO had a 2001 Polo GTI, great fun car, very sad to see it go.
Great performance, bullit proof residules....

She /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gifnow has a S2000....................

[ QUOTE ]
fatcat said:
Great performance, bullit proof residules....

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the WO you're talking about? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Mixture of the car and the WO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif Nick.......

The Polo was a practical car, boot was a bit tiny, no good if you had a couple of ankle biters to feed, but great for us two.
Couple of weekend bags in the boot and enough ooomph to get you where you wanted to go.
Service cost was minimal, mpg was good, even though Jane only did about 50 miles a week max.
We flogged the car, just under a year old (2001 model) with 4.5k miles on, and we lost £1100 on what we paid.

I liked the little thing, but Jane has always hankered after a soft top, and the replacement S2000 was too much of a bargin to ignore.

We still see the Gti around Colchester (where we live) and as sad buggers that we are, we wave..........

Mind you the S2000 driver tend to wave alot as well... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'va actually contemplated replacing our '94 Polo with a new model GTI when the '94 finally craps out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mind if I ask about residuals? About how much did you get for the GTI?

Thx,

iv got a t '99 mk4 1.4 8v
and as mad as it sounds, i aim to put the TT (BAM) engine in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
ne 1 got ne tips /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
whitie said:
iv got a t '99 mk4 1.4 8v
and as mad as it sounds, i aim to put the TT (BAM) engine in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
ne 1 got ne tips /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, Pray perhaps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Mind if I ask about residuals? About how much did you get for the GTI?

Thx,

[/ QUOTE ]

We asked for and got £12,100, the car (I think) cost new about £13,350, we had a few extras on it, but it had hardly been run in, it's now in the capable hands of a friend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

We were pleased with the car, we really looked after the car and that hopefully was reflected in the price we got for it.

Good moral here somewhere..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Since FC and I were speaking of the Polo GTI, anyone want to speculate on whether or not the new chassis will get the GTI treatment, and what do you think it'll have?

Sorry, but it's too quiet, so I figure I'll try and get something started.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif