1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hesitation noticed today - Possibly coilpack replacement help? (225 S3, rtech stage 1

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Vex182, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Vex182

Vex182 Guess what I drive...

[Jun 29, 2012]
    Today I was driving and over taking before pulling into a single lane and the car sort of stopped pulling at around 4,000. It was like it had lost boost. It then happened later once again in town, again at 4k. I have brought new plugs today (before any of this today happened) and changed them. Also done the air filter and fuel filter, all which were only 7 months old anyway.

Looking at the coilpacks, there are 3 different brands fitted!
    1 Bosch (fitted in April), two are BREN branded (dated 2008) and the other is AG VW, dated 2007.

I'm guessing this mix match can't be good, any idea for best value and most reliable coil packs can be purchased from? I think it's best I will replace all 4 just to make sure. My new intercooler pipes should be here tomorrow and I'm going to check how secure the TIP is too. The DV works just fine which is good.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. Vex182

Vex182 Guess what I drive...

[Jun 29, 2012]
    Just been out for a quick drive, gave it a couple of miles to warm up in town and then a quick thrashing on a B road in 2nd and third snd it feels much better normal, I guess normal. Difficult to tell when concentrating on a dark road! Prehaps the ever so slighty worn plugs might show up a problem with the coil packs that will come back? Any other advice, thank you.
  4. Tooks

Tooks Active Member

[Jun 30, 2012]
    I changed my plugs recently, and one of my coil packs went south shortly afterwards.

I've replaced all mine with the BERU coil packs from ECP when they had the 30% off deal earlier this month, and the car feels much better than even before the failure.

I ran the same BERU packs on my A4 1.8t quattro for 40,000 miles and had zero issues, so confident in the quality of them.

With the deal they were less than £25 each so a good saving on OEM.