Heres a strange one!

daveeeeee

Reaction score
ok i've had problems with my air con, as in it doesnt work, and lately the bite on my clutch has been almost on the floor. well got in the car a min ago and could not for the life of me get it into gear, after alot of swearing i came to the conclusion that either the master cylinder has gone or the slave cylinder. then it goes in gear :ohmy: and the bite on the clutch is much higher, (about half way, and the air con is now working?!? :think: the compresor is guite noisy doesnt really sound healthy. can anyone shed some light on this i'm scratching my head but you guys know alot more than me?

there is no relation between your clutch and air con compressor I am afraid, its purely coincidental.
They are seperate issues and should be looked at as such, I would start with the clutch.
How many miles has the car done since the last clutch change?

i dont know how many miles the clutch has done so i should really assume that it needs changing, ok so its pure coincidence but i'm still abit stumped as too why the clutch would get worse and worse and then suddenly yoink its fine again, never had that before usually it gets worse and worse then breaks! hmph either way its gonna be an expensive service :keule:

If it had snapped he wouldnt really be able to use the clutch pedal at all, it'd just be sat on the floor

.......but i'm still abit stumped as too why the clutch would get worse and worse and then suddenly yoink its fine again, never had that before usually it gets worse and worse then breaks.....

Mine was like that though - not sure if the hydraulics were sometimes sorting themselves out when I parked-up?

Mine turned out in the end to be the slave cylinder - I got a garage to bleed the system to begin with, which lasted about a week, then we had no choice to look further into it - hence the new cylinder

no the pedal hasnt snapped (yet) i'm betting its the slave cylinder, my luck is not good enough for it to be the master cylinder. as for the air compresor, im guessing thats knackerd its quite noisy at when the the aircons on full chat?