1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'Classic Audi Forum' started by imported_my_audi_is_brok, Oct 2, 2004.

1. dose any one know if i can put a 2.8 v6 5v engine out of a A8 in my 100 avant the 100 orangly had a 2.8 v6 24v engne in it but the cam belt snaped and i dont know if i can put a 5v in it. dose it need a new ecu or will it just not work

if and one know please reply as there is a A8 engine on ebay but it only has 2 days to go

thanks mike
  2. audi5e

audi5e Member

check if the injection/ecu comes with it.
  3. yeah i know it has a ecu
  4. audi5e

audi5e Member

It is difficult to say if you could just bolt it in. The problems would start if you had to have the car set up to run with that combination of engine and injection. If I were you I would rather go to a reconditioning centre and get the same type of motor. Or of course, get yours fixed.
  5. i think getting mine fixed is a bit out of the question i think it will be cheaper to get a second hand engine with less miles because mine had done 177943 when it broke so it will be better to get a newer engine
  6. audi5e

audi5e Member

or if you can get a reconditioned one, you should at least get a guarantee. If you buy second hand you don't really know what the condition of the engine is?
  7. audi5e

audi5e Member

I should add, I know that I look after my car, servicing done on time, not driving too fast, letting it warm up, etc.
    I also know that most other people I see out there could not give flying ... about their cars, you see them from a cold start in the morning leaving stripes up the road.. I certainly would not want one of those engines in my car.
  8. yeah i know what you mean but just as long as i get a new ish engine i should be all right
  9. audi5e

audi5e Member

Does the UK have decent remanufactured engines?

Just thought of something, don't Audi also sell recon units?
  10. audi5e

audi5e Member

yeah, you are probably correct on that one! :)
  11. got a new engine with 91000 on it so that will be a bit better and hope fuly it will be fitted soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif
  12. yeah what gave it away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  13. audi5e

audi5e Member

not much, it was just this subtle feeling... a hint of projected happiness! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif