1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by boyrollo, Sep 22, 2009.

1. boyrollo

boyrollo Member

[Sep 22, 2009]
    Right gents got some recurring problems that i require your expertise on....

no1: whats the best way to refit the trim/bumpstrip at the bottom of my door as it had fallen off just before i test drove the car????

no2: my drivers recaro doesnt unclip to get in the back its like the switch is not connected and now my hamfisted wife has burst the other side handle letting the kids in and out!!!!!:asskicking:

no3: i have the passeneger window problem but have looked at the other thread now so disreguard

no4: does anyone know where i can buy white led side lights as the red one the previous owner had in are an mot failure and frankly they look toss

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers stephen rollo
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. boyrollo

boyrollo Member

[Sep 22, 2009]
    nobody wanna help me:blownose:
  4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 22, 2009]
    car year/model required Stephen

the bay will be the place for the lights
  5. boyrollo

boyrollo Member

[Sep 22, 2009]
    2000 s3 vplate cheers jason checking the bay as wee speak but really need help with the door and seats
  6. voorhees

[Sep 22, 2009]
    this strip...what colour is it ? also the seat does not do what...go forward...have you tried the handle at the front of the seat by your legs ?
  7. boyrollo

boyrollo Member

[Sep 22, 2009]
    its the grey bump strip on the outside of the door at the bottom and the seats are the recaros i cant get iton the back using the drivers one as it wont tilt forward when the little handle is pulled and my wife has broken the other side handle but i realise there are 2 just wondering the best way to replace the handle and also reconnect the other seat so i can gain access to the rear seats via the drivers side
  8. voorhees

[Sep 22, 2009]
    the strip is the side diffuser and is attatched by M4 bolts but if its dropped off it could mean the seating for the bolts have corroded away and unless you dry it out and epoxy resin some nuts in the right location new one will be required....pm pjmspeedy for a price

not sure what you mean with the seat Stephen
  9. boyrollo

boyrollo Member

[Sep 22, 2009]
    right the seats.......obviously with the s3 being 3 door you have to tilt and slide the seats forward for the rear passengers to get in and out.......my drivers side is not doing this at all you lift the catch and nothing happens......on my passenger seat my wife has broken the small catch.....i realise i can use the one on the other side of the seat but wanting to replace it and also sort the drivers seat........does this help???? and cheers for the diffuser answer
  10. voorhees

[Sep 22, 2009]
    the handle at the front should move the seat or the levers.
    register to look at the drawings here http://www.vagcat.com if no joy here