Help

lushman0

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a set os 18" RS4 replica alloys. I was told they will bolt straight on to my 2001 S4 Avant. The first wheel I put on (Offside front)the alloy was rubbing against the caliper. I can assume I need wheel spacers. What I am asking is what size of spacers and where can I get them?

Thanks Paul

could you not take them back as the seller told you they would fit, me personally wouldnt like to fit spacers. and you might want to try the B6 forum i assume it is a B6 platform?

I got my hubcentric H&R wheel spacers from motorsportworld.co.uk, the had them for the best price I could find, and the best quality and fitment spacers, very light but very strong. They also sorted me out with extended wheel bolts to suit too as I needed 15mm spacers.

As for what size you need start by having a look on the wheel, see if it has the offset (et) stamped on them somewhere, or do a little research see if you can find out what they are, then you need to end up with about et32-35 when it's all fitted onto the car.

So for example my set up: wheels et50 - 15mm spacers = et35 on the car.

Either that or see what you have laying around and make yourself some replica spacers, something to put between the hub and wheel, I had some real thick cardboard packing boxes laying around which I hacked up and stuck on the car in layers till the wheel cleared just fine, then measured the thickness.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies folks. The ofset is 42 so I am correct in saying that I need 10mm spacers and that would bring the offset to 32. Also is it likely they will rub on the rear as the caliper is much smaller so would I be safe just getting them for the front?
Thanks again

They prob won't rub on the rear calliper, but they may well be tight on the upper suspension arm that comes across the top of the wheel on the rear, my 19s did.

For the time it'd take you I'd try one on the rear and see what happens, don't wanna order one pair of spacers and then find out you need 2 pairs and have to wait again for another set! 10 minute job for piece of mind.

His is an S4 so his brakes'll be a wee bit bigger than yours I'd imagine!

Will speak to the shop tomorrow and see what they come up with. If they fob me off I will just buy from Motorsportworld.
Thanks again for all the replies

Paul :yes:

As stapo said motorsportworld prices are very good im going to get some spacers from there as well the H&R onese also seem to be very good quality i would just makesure they are hubcentric.

could you not take them back as the seller told you they would fit, me personally wouldnt like to fit spacers. and you might want to try the B6 forum i assume it is a B6 platform?

Spacers are perfectly safe and durable, as long as they're hubcentric.

Porsche have used spacers as OE equipment of the 911 / 993 for decades. They're supplied to Porsche today by BBS and H&R.

I think his car is a 2001 B5 S4.

All the H&R spacers bigger than 5mm are hubcentric