HELP!!!!!

carl-1968

A4 sold, lots of bits available, ask for details
Reaction score
Firstly I apologize for not being about for a while, MUCH has happened, let me explain.......
Ok I knew that the gearbox was original when I brought the car last year and that at some point it would fail, which it did about a month ago.
I found a reconditioned unit and arrange to collect it and bring it home, job done.
Now my old GB slipped out of 1st and would only drive with minimum acceleration until it moved to 2nd and then all was well.
So booked car in with my preferred mechanic and commenced to strip the engine out and that's where things got interesting........
Both turbos were in a poor way and were sent to a guy in Poole, Dorset who I have used before on another car and was very happy with his work, Both inter coolers were also leaking and this would explain were 120 horses had disappeared to when I had the car dynoed at area 52 earlier in the year, indications were that boost pressure was lower than expected.
So after Adam at Tdi Turbos had looked over the old units it was decided to replace both....ouch but as I'm a previous customer he worked a little magic with the new units and expects 575ish bhp out of them, along with the re corred inter coolers which were done by a local engineering company using some up ratted cores I brought of a guy on here?, can't remember when but the end tanks from the old units were cut off and grafted on to the new cores.
A new crank seal was required which didn't come with a gasket which my local TPS had on back order....a week later and it arrives so everything goes back in and to top it off i have replaced the water with Evans water less coolant as it get very hot under the bonnet.
1st start and there is a whining noise from behind the torque converter but it does drop in to drive, sport, reverse and neutral with no problems and park is fine so it seems to be working, no warnings on the dash and no error messages after a scan with the diagnostic unit.
The sound is like a whining pump noise or a bearing/ race and changes pitch when revving the engine (the pick up now is awesome). I have no idea what is causing this noise, the guy who I got the box from assures me it was fine when it came out of his car and I have all the paperwork for the last rebuild less than 5k ago, so can anyone help with the noise issue?, it on my FB page, look for Carl Waldrom, I just cannot justify wrecking a new box if it means I get my original refurbished then so be it and I'll park it up till then, but if it's nothing to worry about then I might just tootle round and see how it goes???.
Thanks in advance for any information.
Carl