1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by alemmonds, Oct 8, 2011.

1. alemmonds

alemmonds New Member

[Oct 8, 2011]
    Just bought a 2008 A4 Cabriolet with 27,000+ miles. First of all brakes squeal horribly when stopping at low speeds, also just started noticing that when I have to make a sharp turn to the right there is a grinding sound in the front wheels. WTH???? I was told that the brakes squealing was the "type of pads" that are on it and something about metal flakes causing the sound because I don't drive it constantly. But what is this noise when I make sharp turns? It is still under warranty, so do I take it in or is this "normal" ? Excuse my ignorance but this is my first foreign car. Daddy always raised me as a Ford gal! LOL THanks for any input or help.

Alicia
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

[Oct 8, 2011]
    Grinding on turning could be a wheel bearing so that's a definite safety issue. Brakes on my cab squeal slightly some days slowing down to a stop but nothing bad. Needs looking at to be sure.
  4. scott b

scott b Active Member VCDS Map User

[Oct 8, 2011]
    squeaking noise when braking could be as simple as the pads need cleaning and copper slip applying to the back of them, grinding noise as above, wheel bearing perhaps, but without hearing it its hard to say for sure
  5. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

[Oct 8, 2011]
    pads and disks worn ???? sounds like the wear limit plate catching disk to me maybe but always use decent brand pads if poss as cheapo's can cause all manor of probs with squeling etc
  6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 8, 2011]
    Moved to the B7 area by me.
  7. itsmeagain

itsmeagain 1.8T Sport Cabriolet

[Oct 9, 2011]
    If it's still in warranty period then take it back and see what they say.