1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Sounds

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by mitch2575, Jun 10, 2011.

1. mitch2575

mitch2575 Member

Hey All,

Does anyone Know if (I Think) its the Symphony 2 stereo has any RCA connections to wire up to a amp, i have the Bose setup, but want to hook another amp and subs which sits nicely under my roof box of my Cab??

Anyone in the Warwickshire area can help me install as i'm not very good with this stuff?? (will throw in some choccie Biccies/or something stronger for assitance in setting up)

Cheers

Mitch

2. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... .
    VCDS Map User

No RCA comnnectors as uses a bespoke Audi connector for CD-Changer/Amp Pre-out etc.
    You can get adaptors to change the pre-amp Audi connections to RCA connections and this would be in place of your BOSE.

This document has all the relevant pin out connections for the Symphony II and RNS-E

#2 Woorlord, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That doc is for Quadlock, you will have ISO connectors

4. Woorlord

VCDS Map User

Look again :readit: - On page 1 it has Quadlock on the left column under "RNS-E" and ISO connectors on the right under "Symphony II" column. On page 2 it shows the various Quadlock connectors labelled A/B/C/D and ISO type connectors labelled I/II/III/IV.

It is however listed in favour of the Quadlock, i.e. sorted to Quadlock connector A/B/C/D pin order.

ISO Connector I carries the pre-amp signals, indicated with an '*':
    1=*Left Rear out
    2=*Right Rear out
    3=*common
    4=*Left Front out
    5=*Rear Front out
    6=*Amp turn on
    7=CAN-H
    8=nc
    9=nc
    10=CD Ground
    11=nc
    12=CAN-L
    13=CD Data in
    14=CD data out
    15=CD Data clock
    16=+12v
    17=Accessory power
    18=Signal Ground
    19=CD L Channel in
    20=CD R channel in

5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

6. Woorlord

VCDS Map User

No worries - that's the type of adaptor required, however this is for a 3 part plug for "Connector I", a factory BOSE plug is usually a complete 20 pin connector that will not break down into the three segments. Using only this adaptor would lose the CAN (headunit would ask for PIN code at power on) and CD connectors for an external changer. On VW Passats I have had you could break the plugs down and reassemble the segments with the parts you wanted to change.

7. mitch2575

mitch2575 Member

Thanks Fella!! it's more of a ball ache :sadlike: might as well save my pennies for a new HU with RCA connections, If i change the HU can the BOSE system still plug & Play!

8. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator