1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with seats please anyone?

britpop95 Mar 11, 2011

1. britpop95

britpop95 New Member

Hi all im new here this is my first post. Ive come over from uk-mkivs (used to have a mk4 golf) Anyway ive bought a 1999 a4 110 tdi and have bought the front seats out of an b5 rs4. I need help with the electric side of things anyone know where i could take a 12v feed from to get power to the seats. Any help much appriciated.:sos:

2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

is your car facelift?

Are the seats fully electric, or just electric lumbar?

3. britpop95

britpop95 New Member

the car is a b5 the seats are fully electric

4. aragorn

afaik they wont fit then?

The front mounting is completely different on the fully electric seats.

If your car is a facelift, it will already have a power supply to the seats for the electric lumbar thing.

5. britpop95

britpop95 New Member

any ideas matey??? its a 1999 a4

6. britpop95

britpop95 New Member

sorry mate didnt see that post thanks for the info pal

7. aragorn

1999 is the change over, so it could be either.

Facelift cars have one piece headlights, upgraded console, rounded door handles etc etc.

8. uaps

uaps New Member

Hi I too have also bought b5 rs4 seats to fit in my facelift 2000 a4 estate but haven't had the time to do it but I have been waiting to find out to make them work first, any ideas guys?

9. jcb

jcb Active Member

you need some non electric bases to fit you electric seats to to get them to fit.
    easy enough to do. you are just swapping the base frame

10. britpop95

britpop95 New Member

Mine is a 1999 and the seats go straight on my original frames. still not fitted though the electrics is doin my head in.

11. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

If your seats go straight on the original runners then yours either had full electric seats before, or the RS4 seats you have aren't 'full electric'.

I ran a live wire from the swithced live terminal under the drivers knee bolster. Think from memory it was the leftmost 12v terminal. There should already be a ground wire on the red connector under the seat. You need to run the live wire to the opposite pin.

It was about 3+ years ago when I did mine though, so my memory may be a little hazy.

12. britpop95

britpop95 New Member

Hiya mate the factory plugs are still on the seats. You ran a live from under the knee bulster (can you explain the knee bulster is it the side bulsters or the one that pulls out ) Where did you take your live from ???

13. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

He means from the fusebox, you have to remove the lower section of dash on the drivers side(knee bolster) to access it.