HELP WITH SAT NAV

gav

S6 vvv
Reaction score
hello all, new member today and what a great site . I need help with my sat nav, it shows the car in a diffrent location than what it is, and the arrow that points north is actually pointing south?. is it needing to be reset? i read in the sat nav manual that if u change a wheel or tyre u have to take it to an audi dealer .the car owner before me put on 4 new wheels and tyres could this be the cause! any help would be much appreciated.

s6 avant 2001 sat nav plus

Welcome to the site gav first of all. You've posted this question in the wrong forum though so you may want to repost under ICE or your model of car.

In answer to the question, as long as its just doing it in one place its not really a problem. For example, on my drive I sometimes struggle to get reception so its sometimes shows me off the road etc. All is well once I get to the bottom of the street though. If its more than that its likely you are having problems to do with the aerial which can be replaced cheaply if thats at fault.

As far as changing the wheels goes, the Sat Nav should be recoded using Vagcom but this wouldn't cause any major problems and certainly wosuldn't give what you are mentioning.

Sorted, at last. put in my location manually and north was pointing south , ajusted that and everything hunky dory.

:hubbahubba: thanx again