Help with S3 tyre pressure

audiboyuk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I don't know what the correct tyre pressure is for my S3. The tyre spec is 225/40/r18 92y. If anyone could tell me what the pressure should be for the front and rear tyres thanks.

There is no sticker info on the fuel cap or the side of the doors relating to tyre pressure. I've called Audi and spoken to a technician. He said the front for a normal load should be 39psi and 30 for the rear. Does that sound too much for the front?

I'd appreciate a response please as I'm confused what the correct tyre pressure should be, I think 39psi is too high?

My door sticker on a 2011 S3 says for the 18" tyres - Fronts to be 43 psi and rears 33 psi with 3 ppl and one case.
Fully loaded it is higher for the rears than the fronts.
I used to run my rears at 38 psi in case of passengers but now always use 43 F and 33 R. This gives me enough for the one person I always take out and comfort also. No issues with this, Audi have never changed it either. The door sticker clearly says it.

mine says (soon to be said) 42F 33R and that's what I run (soon to be ran) them at (as of 2.30 this afternoon :happy:)