help with rnse

the jammy one

Reaction score
help please i have just purchased an rnse out of audi a4 2007 and am wanting to fit it in my a4 2002 with a single din standard audi non bose unit is this possible and any bits i may need as i can still get any other bits from the owner of the 2007 a4 many thanks

you need the wireing from kufatec.de
the double din cage and the cc unit ot you can cut your own down

what wireing?? can i not just use the loom from the 2007 where the rnse came from??

no not unless it was a retro fit into the car your geting it from

can i not splice into the loom and make my own as thats all the harness does? i did this with my lights whenn i facelifted? also will the newer clocks work or will the loom be diffrent on this?

also i havent got the code with it he gae me all the manuals but it isnt in there please dont tell me it renders it useless as thats a lot of money wasted?? cheers for them links

You need to get the code from audi, take it in to them fitted into an A4 & say you lost your code can they retrieve please which would prob cost you 30 minutes of there time or less, its a 2 minute job tbh for them & if you would rather someone do the install for you, give me a PM.

Problem with these places is they would potentially change the serial number thats originally on the unit, thus doesnt match the label on the top anymore & leave you with XX in the firmware screen, albeit still works but may create issues when reselling, where as audi will just get the original pin for the unit.

Also the rns remembers the last VIN installed in, so removing from car or battery dying creates pin number input request, is talking crap in that ebay link.

the link i have put up i have used 5 times now they retrive the pin that came with the unit
and iv had not 1 problem from then i was givein the guy options depending on his budget
also another thing if you know the owner of the car that the unit came from he may beable to call audi and get the code as a few ppl on diff forums have done iv also done it this was once when i lost me code

The key word in my last post was "potentially"

Also, why would anyone pay £50 plus 2 x insured postage costs which would be in excess of £20 or if special delivery £50, when dealer will sometimes do for free or 30 minutes charge, cant see the logic unless its stolen & could lose your unit with courier.

How do you know its the pin that came with the unit, if you dont know it in the 1st place, then where's your proof, have you compared serial numbers on label & actually within the rns software?

Nobody checks serials in the unit, only on the label which usually means squat without checking both.

Note this was a question not an accusation before anyone jumps on it & makes it more than it is.

no thats fine no offence taken im understanding what you both saying ill ask the breaker to call them and see whats said.
but talking about stolen ones ect what about ebay items that could be as i very nearly bought from there but was worried on this fact that it could be stolen and useless?
nhn how much would you charge to fit? just a thought s i reckon i can do but might save me abit of time? also anyone know how to progam the dails for me as im wanting to put them in but need programing :(

can i just ask why you want to replace the dials

the b6 ones have a red screen whereas the b7 have white iknow its not much but t looks cleaner in my opinion lol

the b6 ones have a red screen whereas the b7 have white iknow its not much but t looks cleaner in my opinion lol

i take it you meen the DIS ?
b6 and b7 have the colour DIS NOT all b7 has the colour dis so you may be swapping for the same as your already have unless he can gaurntee its colour
the colour 1 is stupid in price second hand i buy them up where an when i can and for the petrol ones there very hard to find

yeh i mean the dis lol its colour i sin it working if its to much hassle fitting would you be intrested in buying?

well if you dont want it and the price is good ill take it off your hands but its prety easy to get fitted
where in the uk are u i know a 2 people that can do it sumat to do with SKC code or sumat

im in southport pm me an offer if you want and i might just sell but that if sumone cant fit it cheap enuff lol

the lads i know are sheffield and nottingham but sure there must be someone near on to you to recode if you dont find anyone get back to me with a price