Help with pictures

Just Plain Old

Reaction score
I've put my car up for sale in the classified section, but I can't download any pictures, they are JPEG files. Can anyone help??

Thanks

When you say you can't download them, I guess you mean you can't send (send) them into the advert?

What internet browser are you using? (Internet Explorer / Firefox ?)

How large are the files? (In pixels and MB)

Regards,

Rob.

That was quick!!

I'm using IE7, I'm not sure of the file size or pixels. Is there a limit on what size you can upload? If so do you know what it is??

Thanks

Hiya JPO,

IE7 in theory should be fine but I've not used that myself to post ads. So long as you don't see an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle at the bottom of the IE window warning of script errors it should be OK. If you have any security software 'plugged-in' to IE it might be worth an attempt with these disabled if all else fails as they might block the upload. It's unlikely though so only try that as a last ditch effort.

One thing I would say is that sometimes I've found that the software on the site side sometimes struggles to resize the images if you're trying to upload particularly big ones. You might want to try again having manualy resized the images a bit first. You can do this in applications like Paint (use the stretch/skew option) or with something like IrfanView (www.irfanview.com). If you reduce them down to about 800x600 the site should manage the rest.

Have you been getting any error messages at all?

Regards,

Rob

Thanks Rob, half of that went over my head ,,, but I'll try resizing and see what happens........ If it doesn't work I'll copy the error message.

Jojo. If you ain't interested in my car. I ain't tellin ya what I'm getting next........:p [is that the right smilie??]

It was going to be a Lexus IS-F, but I had another go in an RS4 at the weekend..... now I'm 'wavering' again!

Jojo. If you ain't interested in my car. I ain't tellin ya what I'm getting next........:p [is that the right smilie??]

It was going to be a Lexus IS-F, but I had another go in an RS4 at the weekend..... now I'm 'wavering' again!

I can't afford your car haha.

If it's a toss up between IS-F and RS4, I'd go for the RS4 everytime! 4WD is more practical in the UK, unless you really do fancy RWD, the IS-F has had some good reviews though, but it's price will drop like a stone once you get your hands on it.