1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with parts for RNS-E, BT and satellite radio retrofit

Discussion in 'Retrofit' started by efrant, Apr 29, 2013.

1. efrant

efrant New Member

Hey guys,

I’ve been scouring the forums looking for a proper thread, but I haven’t found an exact match, so I’m creating this one. I apologize if this has been answered before.

First off, I have a 2007 Audi A3 3.2L S-line Quattro with the Symphony II (I believe) audio system and Bose speakers, but no BT or Satellite radio.

What I want to do is retrofit (1) an RNS-E, (2) BT and (3) a satellite radio, with OEM parts (and I would like the U.S. versions of those parts, not the European versions, if they are different).

I’m not looking for a guide, but I was hoping someone could confirm all of the parts that I would need, and confirm that everything is compatible, and where I could acquire the parts if possible.

RNS-E retrofit
    For the RNS-E retrofit, I suspect that everything I need will come in this package, correct?

Bluetooth retrofit
    I’m not mistaken, these are the parts that I would need for the BT retrofit:

PHONE INTERFACE BOX: 8P0 862 335 J
    MICROPHONE: 8L1 862 373A
    ANTENNA: 8P0 035 503E
    Harness (?)

Is that correct? Anything else I’m missing? Do I need another harness besides the one that comes in the RNS-E retrofit package I mentioned above? Is so, can someone link to it for me?

Satellite radio retrofit
    Satellite radio receiver: 8E0035593D or 8E0035593D
    Harness (?)

I am assuming that the antenna that comes with the RNS-E retrofit package I linked to above is all that I would need. Would I also need another harness as well?

Thanks!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator
    Site Sponsor Regional Rep VCDS Map User

First of all, congrats on the initial research. So many people make threads without any prior research, but as you've done your ground-work, myself and others will be more than happy to assist you the rest of the way.

First of all, we need to know if your Concert is a ISO or Quadlock type. The old Concert is ISO and the new Concert (II+) is a Quadlock. The changeover happened in 2007.

Does your concert look like this?

4. efrant

efrant New Member