1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with parts for RNS-E, BT and satellite radio retrofit

Discussion in 'Retrofit' started by efrant, Apr 29, 2013.

1. efrant

efrant New Member

[Apr 29, 2013]
    Hey guys,

I’ve been scouring the forums looking for a proper thread, but I haven’t found an exact match, so I’m creating this one. I apologize if this has been answered before.

First off, I have a 2007 Audi A3 3.2L S-line Quattro with the Symphony II (I believe) audio system and Bose speakers, but no BT or Satellite radio.

What I want to do is retrofit (1) an RNS-E, (2) BT and (3) a satellite radio, with OEM parts (and I would like the U.S. versions of those parts, not the European versions, if they are different).

I’m not looking for a guide, but I was hoping someone could confirm all of the parts that I would need, and confirm that everything is compatible, and where I could acquire the parts if possible.

RNS-E retrofit
    For the RNS-E retrofit, I suspect that everything I need will come in this package, correct?

Bluetooth retrofit
    I’m not mistaken, these are the parts that I would need for the BT retrofit:

PHONE INTERFACE BOX: 8P0 862 335 J
    MICROPHONE: 8L1 862 373A
    ANTENNA: 8P0 035 503E
    Harness (?)

Is that correct? Anything else I’m missing? Do I need another harness besides the one that comes in the RNS-E retrofit package I mentioned above? Is so, can someone link to it for me?

Satellite radio retrofit
    Satellite radio receiver: 8E0035593D or 8E0035593D
    Harness (?)

I am assuming that the antenna that comes with the RNS-E retrofit package I linked to above is all that I would need. Would I also need another harness as well?

Thanks!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Apr 29, 2013]
    First of all, congrats on the initial research. So many people make threads without any prior research, but as you've done your ground-work, myself and others will be more than happy to assist you the rest of the way.

First of all, we need to know if your Concert is a ISO or Quadlock type. The old Concert is ISO and the new Concert (II+) is a Quadlock. The changeover happened in 2007.

Does your concert look like this?
  4. efrant

efrant New Member

[Apr 29, 2013]