1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with paint problem please

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by paddy, Feb 12, 2011.

1. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

I recently had to have some paint work done on my car including a new bonnet.

When you look into the paint at 90' from it the finish looks OK

[​IMG]

However when you look across the paint at say 30' then it seems to have ripples in it.

[​IMG]

Its not easy to take pictures of the effect but you can sort of see it where the clouds meet the blue on the bonnet.
    Is there anything i can do about this ? or is it a respray job ??? ( its pearl Mauritius blue)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. S4twiggy

S4twiggy Fully Certified Detailer!!

try getting it detailed or someone t go over it with a rotary to see if its the clear coat that is causing the ripples, take a few microns down and see what it produces. thats the first thing i would do anyway, other than that mate take it back to the sprayer and say your not happy

4. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

It was an insurance job. They have done it twice and its the best they can do. Basically they are **** and there is no point in pushing it because they are incapable of doing a proper job.
    anyone no of a detailer in surrey ??

5. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
    Staff Member Moderator

P, you need a good detailer. Seen this before and it got sorted without re spraying.

6. S4twiggy

S4twiggy Fully Certified Detailer!!

we are mobile mate and wil travel to you to see if we can sort the problem for you.