Help With Oil Pressure Warning???

Tom Mineral Grey S3

Reaction score
Hi,I own a 2001 volkswagen passat 1.8t and the engine light has recently come on warning about oil pressure.I topped up the oil but then relised that the oil breather pipes are blocked with sludgy oil.
The car still runs fine but is burning oil and producing constant smoke.
what will i need to do to solve this problem? thanks:scared2:

If you do a search for sludge in the A4 B6 section you will fins a lot of info on the sludge problem, you shouldn't drive it until you drop the sump clean it out, get some sort of new pump I think and some new pipes. If not you might need a new engine.

You have a blocked pick up in the sump, and the constant smoke is probably from a damaged turbo due to low oil pressure.
How handy are you?

Cheers for the info guys.
Its not sounding too good then really. Im kinda handy but never changed turbos and let alone engines :(

Car is in the garage at the min, waiting to hear what he comes back with but ill mention about cleaning the sump.

Thanks Again

exact same thing happened to my s3 2 weeks ago. oil level was fine. tunred out was just loads of sludge. took it to a garage, changed breather pipe thingy £100 done now.

got the car stripped down now and it turns out the piston rings have gone apparently. Not what i wanted to hear but not much i can do now.
:keule:

how trustworthy is the garage? sure there not just leading it on?