Help with my s3.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Right before I start his is not a for sale thread so let's not turn it into one, it's just a thread asking for people's opinions. So I have a little one on the way and the s3 has got to go unfortunately, I'd like to say could keep it and carry on with it but 3 cars just won't be practical, so it has to go, based on the below information, what can I expect to get for it.

So good point points.

Mot Nov 2016
Full heated leather with 3rd headrest
Arm rest
kW v2 coilovers
3" TBE exhaust with decay
80mm B5 tip
6" velocity stack intake
Gold wrapped heat shield
TFSI coil packs
Forge debaffled charge like
Forge boost elbow
SFS boost pipe off charge pipe
Customer 76mm DV relocation kit
Forge supersize DV
Port matched inlet manifold
V6 TB
Phenolic inlet manifold gasket
Welly cooler
80mm air feed
Solid shifter bracket bushes
Front to back and side to side quick shifters
Face lift gear gable ends
Solid gear cable ends
Full poly bush kit through suspension
Solid front subframe bushes
2 x rear adjustable tie arms
Stack boost gauge
S3 8p gear knob
Custom liquid gauge holder
N249 delete
Facelift lights front and rear
129k on the clock
Think that's it.

Bad points
Sump is leaking on the but
Needs front and rear bumpers spraying
Rear driver side needs spraying
Roof rails have started to show that again
Does smoke produce blue smoke on coasting and a hard run (has done for the last 3 years, still boost and drivers fine, been told it's a valve stem seal)

Year? engine code?

The thread I wrote in the FAQ's is still valid dude... market price plus a bit for mods and by a bit I mean just a bit...

Sadly a modded car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay... yours has a lot of kit but don't be surprised if you don't get what its actually worth...

Like I said, pitch at market price plus some value you think is sensible but the reality is you may find mods add no real value other than a unique selling point that makes it more appealing than other cars on the market

<tuffty/>

I did see it Paul, it's just hard trying to gauge what it's worth, I know what I value you it at but that's down to the sheer money and man hours I've put into it.

It's a 2000, apy with 129k.

I hear yah... I have a similar issue in mine... not that I am selling mine of course but I have been asked before and I can't put a price on it...

I have a figure that if someone offered I would let the car go but it is a fairly ridiculous figure of course but then she is a special car... to me at least lol

Unfortunately the reality is that you will never get back what you have put in... best you can do is look at what the upper end of the market is fetching and pitch slightly above that... you can always come down... the list of mods will put off the people looking for just an 'S3' and they wouldn't pay what you are after anyway... modding a car narrows the market... mine is particularly slim...

<tuffty/>

Ooh yes, on top of that the bodywork isn't pristine so that's why I was asking for a rough idea but as you say ill ever get back what I put into it.

Could you not swap out some of your aftermarket parts with original stuff then sell them on eBay and make some money back that way

I would mate but I've either sold or scrapped the original parts haha.