Help with my colour choice!!!

What car magazines do you read?

• Total voters

stratos

Reaction score
Quick poll on the choice of the colour of a new Sportback S-line Quattro I am hoping to order (sometime) soon.

Any advice or comments re practicality / looks etc appreciated

[ QUOTE ]
Black

[/ QUOTE ]

Already got a black car. Pain in the rs to keep clean and dont want 2 black uns on the drive....try again!!

2 black cars look cool man... works for the Queen and the mafia!

How about this colour ...Murano Green Pearl Effect.

001__scaled_600.jpg

Having had a dark colour last time, went for silver this time.

Looks great with alloys and alu roof rails and the alu interior trim.

Amazing how much the dirt just doesn't show.

The Moro looks very dull in my opinion.

Look on the Audi website at the used Sportbacks for sale, you'll see loads of combos there.

Agree with the comments regarding silver-based colours.

They look clean when,in fact,they're filthy.My Akoya car is gleaming away in the car park,but if you ran your hand over it,you would get dirty.

I've had several black cars and wouldn't touch one again.
Life's too short for the excessive cleaning black requires to look good.

Unless you're like my MD.
Hasn't touched a sponge or cloth in years.
Twice weekly into a valeting company.
Mind you,his TT calipers are rusted beyond belief.
I'm assuming the jetwash they must use on the wheels has taken it's toll.
My heart bleeds for the lazy sod...

Are you getting the Open sky roof? I chose lava Grey to go with the glass roof, as I'm not keen on the contrast.
It's hard to tell where the glass stops and the rest of the car begins.

I agree.
Although the Americans seem to like the contrast I am not sure ........
wMTAzMzUxMTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Cant find Avus Silver with open sky picture to compare with Lava

Avus Silver Pearl
Nice, but common. There's 2 parked outside my work!

Lava Grey Pearl
Looks great. Dark enough to look 'mean & moody' but not so that it's a pain to clean all the time. It's a "warm" grey, which means it has VERY slight red hue to to, almost a metalic brown, but not quite. My definite favourite!

Mauritius Blue Pearl
Nice, but not sure it suits the car... at least it's not red I guess.

Dolphin Grey Metallic
IMHO this colour is a bit like 'sitting on the fence' as a choice, not one way or the other

Moro Blue Pearl
Unsure what this looks like, so can't comment

OOPS. Was a picture of a white A3 Sportback with open sky from the VWvortex gallery.

Phydaux....do you have a picture of your Lava with the OS

[ QUOTE ]

Lava Grey Pearl
Looks great. Dark enough to look 'mean & moody' but not so that it's a pain to clean all the time. It's a "warm" grey, which means it has VERY slight red hue to to, almost a metalic brown, but not quite. My definite favourite!

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to admit I think Lava but having only seem them in passing I thought this forum the best place to find out what others with experience of the cars thought.

Trying to hold back my emotions, but that white Sportback looks pants.

White is bad enough, looks even worse with Opensky.

It's been slammed like a Saxo too, no thanks.

Completely agree about the white but reading the US forums they are all the rage.

[ QUOTE ]
How about this colour ...Murano Green Pearl Effect.

001__scaled_600.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Used to have a BRG Clio when I was younger!!!
Not sure about green cars any more but that does look nice on the photo. Anyone got one?

Great pictures Olov!

Makes me love my own Mauritius Blue sportback even more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif S-line look pretty good too. Whish I would also have gone for the s-line although I am still unsure about the black headlining and the logo in the seats.

I went with Lava out of your choices, I have had Audis in Metallic blue, Denim Blue, Moro blue, Ebony Black, Akoya Silver and at the moment Aqua Blue which I love, it is sort of a Steel blue/grey and quite dark.
But out of al those I have liked the Ebony black the most, and on a sportback with the alu rails I think it looks awesome, but Lava looks good too.

If you go ebony black, consider alu window strips, we've got 2 black Audi's (A3 & A4) my A4 has alloy roof rails and window strips and looks great! Must go now 2 cars to clean, black is superb BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok found an Avus S-line sportback, looks spanking new then. Thanks Cupramax.

SPORTBK.jpg

My A4 was Atlas Gray - a light metallic gray that looked excellent on the bigger car - I think the colour range on the A3 is really limited. Of course there's always the "custom colour" option available at £1500 or thereabouts...

Avus, superb, had so many comments about the colour of mine, and its not too common either.

Avus looks the business but any one got one with with open sky so I can see what it looks like on a lighter colour. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dolphin Grey is a nice colour if you dont like washing your car every other week.

Stick with Silver. Wash once a week. Always looks good and there are far too many black A3s around at the moment. Every one I seem to see is black. Nice when they are just washed but.....

Mind you I did see a lovely looking A3 Sportback with 18" alloys that was in Red. Looked great.

It's not that bad, I haven't washed mine yet (brilliant black). 800 miles on the clock, it looks good enough.