1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with my AUDI A3 please

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Becks A3, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Becks A3

Becks A3 New Member

Hi There,
    I have recently got an Audi A3 tdi sport 02.
    Took it through a car wash and the passenger footwell filled up with water - since then i have had some issues!
    My alarm just goes off (wether i lock it or not) after a while just the hazard lights flash... this keeps happening - to the point now where on several occasions i have woken up to hazard lights and a flat battery. I have jumped it a few times but really want to fix it. There is a switch on the inside of the drivers door by the seat belt, where i think you could turn the alarm off, however the button is missing! Is there any way i can turn the alarm off completely? Or is this not the fault!? Any help would be highly appreicated.. i dont think i can afford to take it to Audi.. eek!
    Thanks in advance guys!

Also i'm new to forums and cant find a relevant section to post this so please dont tell me off! ;) thanks
    Becky
  2. Scott_Hol

Scott_Hol Member

Hi Becky

Depending on how much water got into your footwell i wouldnt of thought this would affect any of the circuits for your alarm. I wouldnt get too worried tho chances are a fuse may have just shorted out. . . . meanwhile i would suggest you post this in the 8p section im sure some of the more clued up members will be able to point you in the right direction haha (be abit more specific when you explain about the footwell filling up though how deep, how much, did it sit or seep into carpet etc. The link for this section is as below incase you cant find it. . . . hope you get sorted.

Scott

New A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Becks A3 likes this.
  3. Becks A3

Becks A3 New Member

Awesome thanks so much for your help Scott.
  4. Scott_Hol

Scott_Hol Member

No problem :)
  5. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

Hi & welcome to ASN!