1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with maf sensor pls

kkk Sep 8, 2013

1. kkk

kkk Member

need help before i waste any money, got fault code P0102 mass air flow sensor signal too low.

i checked the pins with a multi meter and only got 4.9v on one of the pins but no 12v or any thing on any of the others.

i then checked with vcds and its showing no reading on the maf block 003, what could be wring? i did notice that one of the pins in the connecter block is loose think it might be the ground could this be the problom?

thanks guys

Neil

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. kkk

kkk Member

oops, i get 14 volts and 5 v with the engine running and the plug disconnected so is this purely just a dead maf?

thanks

3. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

4. kkk

kkk Member

bill your a star mate, will come in handy for future ref.

i think its fixed on this one aswell, i bought a cheapo gsf 30 quid maf and instantly no fault codes and reading 4.3g/s at cold idle does this sound about right?
    just got o hope it doesnt break down higher up the revs when i can get to drive it :)

thannks

Neil

5. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

personally i only use bosch maf's not pattern copy ones...

sounds like it was the culprit tho

6. kkk

kkk Member

yea im the same but in this case not knowing if its at fault i took the cheap option, but if it goes in a few months il have no problem with putting a bosh one in, might just do it when i get paid if its fixed the running issues, then keep this as spare.

thanks for that info bill :)

Neil