1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with jack points!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_MattT, Oct 5, 2004.

1. imported_MattT

imported_MattT Guest

[Oct 5, 2004]
    Hi guys. I just got a puncture on my way into work (front left) and I need to change my wheel. I need to jack the car up and I am a bit paranoid about getting the jack in the right place and I haven't got the manual with me.

Sounds a bit lame, but better to be safe then sorry! Can anyone tell me where I need to be aiming!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,

Matt
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. leespears1

leespears1 Member

[Oct 5, 2004]
    On mine, the jack goes under the car!

No seriously, from what i remember, you put the jack where the little indents are on the under sills under the doors. Dont take this as gospel but it works for me.
  4. imported_MattT

imported_MattT Guest

[Oct 5, 2004]
    ok, I thought that was the case, but its better to ask first before I destroy the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks
  5. leespears1

leespears1 Member

6. imported_MattT

imported_MattT Guest

[Oct 7, 2004]
    Yeah, when I had a look underneath the car it seemed pretty clear where it should go. All sorted now, thanks for the help.

Ive got the nice space saver spare on, its an 18"! My standard ones are only 17" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif