1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with fitting SYMPHONY double-din head unit

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by excursion, Jun 1, 2003.

1. excursion

excursion Member

[Jun 1, 2003]
    Hi all

I've just purchased a symphony head unit with which I intend to repalce my current Concert unit. The Concert is the standard DIN height but a little bit wider.

The Symphony is a large double din affair, it is obvious I need to move the climate control unit down. I was just wondering If I can replace the face of my cliamte control unit with a part from Audi or do I have to get a complete new unit?

Basically just wondering if anyone can offer me any tips etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. Mike_Knowles

Mike_Knowles New Member

[Jun 12, 2003]
    Hmmmm!

I had the same idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I guess it's not a straight swap? What about if the car has BOSE fitted? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  4. excursion

excursion Member

[Jun 12, 2003]
    Well mate,
    the Symphony unit has arrived in the post - no going back now, it's beautiful. Lovely piece of Audi design!

My intentions are to fit the Navigation plus in it's place when I finish. I'm piecing together information as I go, and so far it seems we need a different climate control (HVAC) unit and different internal bracing for the centre console.

If I can't locate the parts from a breakers I will see what Martyn @ Vagparts will do them for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif