1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with diagnostic codes?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by ARH, Aug 22, 2013.

1. ARH

ARH Member

I have had my A3 1.6 FSI for nearly 6 months now and had quite a few problems, the main ones being a rattle on start up and the engine going in to limp mode whilst driving and the EPC light appears (which has only happened two times in 6 months and starts up fine again with no problems) but still, I didn't expect this after paying nearly £7k!

The car was bought from a dealer in Reading and I'm waiting for a phone call back from him to see what he will do about this, he sold it me with 12 months warranty but I want to see what the dealer says to me first

The codes:

6418 - Pressure Sensor for Brake Boost (G294) - sporadic 001-Upper limit exceeded
    5000 - Control Module Malfunction - DBW Throttle Monitouring - sporadic 008-Implausible Signal
    274 - Intake Air Temp Sensor (G42) - sporadic 001-Upper limit Exceeded
    12425 - Singal Line for Fuel Pump Electronics - sporadic 002-Lower Limit Exceeded

Could anyone tell me what these codes mean, and do any of them relate to EPC light coming on when it goes in to limp mode?

Aaron

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Moderator TeamMisano Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3

What year is your car? Was it scanned with vcds?

4. ARH

ARH Member

My car is a 55 plate (facelift) which has just hit 50k

I got it scanned at a garage will it say what software they used on the report sheet or is it worth ringing them up?

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Take the car back & get the wiring checked, fair few issues noted, albeit some maybe old, but needs properly diagnosing.