1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With Delayed Lease A3 Sportback Please

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by smiffy123, Sep 20, 2008.

1. smiffy123

smiffy123 New Member

[Sep 20, 2008]
    Hello all, got a problem with an A3 Sportback order placed with a leasing company for my new company car. Basically I placed an order for a 170bhp SE model in early April of this year - and it still hasn't arrived.

I was given a final confirmed build date of 1st September for the car, but last week I was told that this hasn't happened due to heavy demand for the model and it would not now be built until late October for delivery early November. The car is now several months late (original estimated date June) and I am getting sick of getting no nearer.

I am not getting any joy from the lease company and I have been told by an ex Audi employee that if I find a new A3 thats already in the country at a dealer then the lease company may purchase this for me.

I realise that the lease company should do all the work on this but they seem fairly uninterested as I have no option but to choose my company car through them (company policy) - so they are fairly safe in the knowledge I have no alternative. We are only a very small customer of Lex and we don't have any real 'clout'.

Does anybody have any input?

Thanks in advance
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 21, 2014]

3. SnAzBaZ

SnAzBaZ Member

[Sep 21, 2008]
    Hmm. Problem with this is as you say, your company policy is preventing you from doing pretty much anything. So the best course of action would be to try and get the company policy changed, or at least "bent" in this particular case, so you are free to go to another lease company.

I suspect that the lease company have negociated a decent discount from Audi on this model, but maybe they have not met the volume that this discount was agreed, therefore they are delaying placing any orders for the car's to be produced, until they have the negociated volume. That's not what they will tell you though.

Have you got any paperwork from the lease company which confirms the delivery date ? Have you read their terms and conditions to see what they say about missing any confirmed dates ?

Did your company raise a purchase order for the car, and if so, does your companies standard terms and conditions include any penalties for missing agreed delivery dates ?

Unfortunatly, it's stepping into a possible breach of contract scenario, which involves lots of paperwork and legal stuff!

Just thinking aloud, if you are locked into using Lex, then maybe you can lookup some local Lex agents / brokers in your area, and see if any of them can offer some persuasion, especially if you mention that any future business your company does, would go through them. Brokers are having a hard time at the moment, and from some of the quotes I have seen for new A4's, they are offering some pretty shocking deals, so a little bit of business might interest them ?

Let us know how you get on!

Andrew
  4. Dogmatix

Dogmatix New Member

[Sep 21, 2008]
    My father ordered the exact same model through a leasing company in Feb this year, arrived end of March.
  5. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

[Sep 21, 2008]
    The delay is due to the faclifted version which will have been the one ordered at the end of April as opposed to the non facelift your father will have got ordering in Feb.
  6. Dogmatix

Dogmatix New Member

[Sep 22, 2008]
    Arrrr, he actually wanted a Volvo c30 but they couldn't get one of them then, however now they have to many of them.
  7. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[Sep 22, 2008]
    I only had to wait 12 weeks for my Sportback, and that was when it was a whole new model, never mind a facelift!
    You have to be congratulated on your patience, there aren't many/any cars I'd wait 5-6 months for.
    FWIW, I know Lex are doing special offers on the new A4.
    Maybe go for one of them instead?
    You may have a good reason to go for the A3, but the A4 has the benefit of being a newer model.
    The A3 is getting a bit long in the tooth now, regardless of whether they chuck some new lights and some new engines in the mix.
  8. Matt

Matt Active Member

[Sep 22, 2008]
    My Dad ordered his A3 Sportback facelift in June and got it 1st September.