1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with bose , speaker not working!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by s300sjl, Mar 29, 2012.

1. s300sjl

s300sjl New Member

Hi all

I have a sportback with bose and have recently noticed that the passenger rear speakers (mid and tweeter) have stopped working.

I have stripped the door card off and all appears fine, speaker out again looks fine. Even tried a known working speaker and this doesnt work either.
    What has gone wrong??? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as it sounds horrible without these working!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Both rears or only 1 side?

Stupid question, but have you checked the obvious fader settings?

If not above, then check the door grommets see if susceptible to wire breaks between pillar & door, alternatively head unit feed to amp or the amp or head itself has issues, have you got access to another head unit?

4. s300sjl

s300sjl New Member

Hi NHN

Yes its just the passenger side rear, have taken back the rubber between door and pillar and seems well, everything else on the door works!
    I dont have access to another stereo and do not know how to get to or where the amp is?? It is driving me crazy as the sound is ****. Have seen posts about water damage to the amp but everything else seems to work fine, no other speaker problems. Faders all set neutral as is the balance.

What to do next??

5. s300sjl

s300sjl New Member

Hi NHN<br><br>Yes its just the passenger side rear, have taken back the rubber between door and pillar and seems well, everything else on the door works!&nbsp;<br>I dont have access to another stereo and do not know how to get to or where the amp is?? It is driving me crazy as the sound is ****. Have seen posts about water damage to the amp but everything else seems to work fine, no other speaker problems. Faders all set neutral as is the balance.<br><br>What to do next??

6. NHN

Remove the radio, swap the rear feeds within wiring to amp round, see if the fault moves to the other rear side, then its the head unit, if not then wiring or amp at fault, if moves then its head unit.

7. s300sjl

s300sjl New Member

Ah, good thinking, many thanks.

8. s300sjl

s300sjl New Member

All sorted. After taking all the boot trim out and checking all the wires, i traced them under the rear door sill trims. Ah ha, found a plug that had become disconnected. Result, all working, now have my bose fully working and sounding great again. Think i must of unplugged it by standing on it to put bike on the roof, doh. Thanks for your help and advice though!!

9. NHN

It wouldnt of come undone from simply that, as audi shouldnt of fitted it anywhere near the sill plate you trod on, its usually run under that area which has a metal ledge that sill sits/clips into, unless it was badly put together at factory, which is my guess.

10. AidenUK

AidenUK Well-Known Member

Anyone have an ideas of how much a rear SB sub woofer would cost, mine has started buzzing a lot now, think the bass cone thing might be broken?

It's fine when you turn the radio up as you can't hear the buzzing but on low volumes you can, it's much more noticeable in the back because everyone seems to point this out to me when they're in it.

11. NHN

Not cheap tbh, I'd scout the bay for one.